019: "Mom"

Chelsea sat across Tommys lap, her head resting on his chest, her eyes closed shut as she tried her hardest to not cry out in pain.

Tommy saw the pale girl, and shook his head, sighing loudly.

"I'm sorry," croaked Chelsea, "I'm sorry for believing them. They lied about everything. You aren't evil-"

"I am a bad person."

"No, dad, they lied-"

"No Chelsea, I am." said Tommy, Chelsea sat up slowly and looked at her dad in confusion, "I'm a bad person and I do bad things. But don't think, for one second, that I would every try to hurt you. I would rather be killed, burned at the stake then ever hurt you. When you told me what William did to you, I completely lost it. I went around and I was so close to killing him but then I realised, if I did that, it would hurt you. Chelsea, no matter what, you're my daughter and your my first priority."

"In my eyes, you're not a bad person." Chelsea said, shaking her head, "But, dad, I think I am."

"Don't say that," Tommy whispered, pulling his daughter back to his chest, "why would you think that?"

"Because as soon as someone had a bad opinion on you, I believed them. After everything you've done for me, and I threw it straight back in your face. I was selfish."

Tommy laughed, "Chelsea, you are everything but selfish. I mean, you just took a bullet for me for god sakes."

"And I killed that man." Chelsea whispered, tears rolling down her face, "I killed him, and then blamed it on you. But deep down, somethings wrong with me."

"Nothings wrong with you, Princess." said Tommy, "You're my daughter which means your protect those you love. Why did you kill that man?"

"Because he was going to kill you?"

"Why did you run in front of the bullet that Kimber shot?"

"Because it was going to hit you."

"Exactly," Tommy shrugged, "Every 'bad thing' that you've done, was just to protect me. Which is exactly what I do, I live the life I do and do the things I do so I can give you the life I never had. I do bad things, just to protect you. There are bad people out there, people way worse than me-"

"Kimber." Chelsea interrupted.

"Yes." Tommy nodded, "People like Kimber who wouldn't care about hurting you. It's my job to protect you from those people."

"But, it's also my job to protect you." Chelsea said, "So, you might not want me to, but as soon as you're put in danger, I will try everything in my power to stop it."

"But Chelsea-"

"No." Chelsea said, "That's the deal from now on. If you do anything to protect me, then you've got to let me protect you. And think, we'll both be okay if we both won't let each other die. I think we both need each other."

"You think? Ah, I'm not to sure." Tommy laughed.

"Shut up." Chelsea said, feeling her eyes getting heavier, "You love me."

"And you know it."

Tommy noticed the girl had stopped talking and suddenly, her breathing was a lot calmer and heavier. She kept his ear close to her, to make sure he could still hear her breathing, but allowed the girl to sleep.

When Chelsea awoke, she was curled up in the corner of the booth, a large blazer covering her cold body.

"Dad?" Chelsea croaked, she looked around and saw the pub full of people, all of them drinking and celebrating.