011: Alfie Solomons

Chelsea and Arthur Shelby walked side by side, Billy Kitchen, who was one of Tommy's men, walked behind them.

They had previously arrived in Camden Town where the famous Jewish man named Alfie Solomon's lived and ran his business. Chelsea was aware that he and her father had done business and were most likely doing business now, but Chelsea only kept a loop inside the Birmingham business, her dad didn't bother to worry her about the rest of the country.

They walked in his building.

"Gentleman, welcome, welcome!" Alfie Solomon's said, appearing from behind a stack of boxes with a cane in his left hand.

He was a handsome man, a circular hat on his head that left a dark mysterious shadow over his eyes. He was a lot taller than Arthur, possibly 6 ft 3 whereas Arthur was only 5 ft 9. Apart from the dark and mysterious look this man portrayed, Chelsea came to the conclusion that he seemed to be a nice and polite gentleman.

"Mr. Solomon's." Arthur said, shaking hands with the man, a sound or appreciation and awe in the man's voice.

"You must be Arthur!" said Alfie, sounding just as in awe of him as Arthur was, "Arthur! I have heard so much about you!"

"Shalom!" Arthur suddenly shouted, "Let me just say! Shalom!"

"Oh my fucking god." Chelsea said, shaking her head in embarrassment, why the hell had he just burst that word out.

"And you. . ." said Alfie, directing his gaze upon Chelsea, "You must be the Shelby Princess."

"The one and only!" Chelsea said, sarcastically, smiling joyfully up at the man.

"Look at that smile." said Alfie, taking her hand and placing a gentle kiss upon her knuckles, "Lovely. I've heard more about you from your old man."

"Well, my dad does seem to like me." Chelsea said, "It's lovely to meet you, Alfie Solomon's."

The three of them were guided over to a table in a side room of Alfie's large workhouse. They were all offered wine but Chelsea was just given grape juice, and then food.

Once all of their plates were mostly empty, Alfie took it upon himself to stand up and begin to speak, "The Passover started off way out there in the Far East, out in the sand, out in the desert, where my forefathers come from. You know, the Jews, the brews, whatever you call 'em."

Chelsea jumped and turned in the direction of the door when she saw two of Alfie Solomon's men shutting the door.

"Arthur, this ain't right." Billy whispered to Arthur, "We have Chelsea. We can't risk it-"

"Billy, if you want you can leave." said Alfie Solomons, stopping his story, "If you need to go to the little boys room, you can leave."

"He's all right!" Arthur said, "He's all right, Billy boy!"

"Do you want to leave?" asked Alfie, and suddenly Chelsea got a weird sensation upon her spine, something was wrong.

"No, I'm all right." said Billy.

"You want to stay?" asked Alfie.

"I'll stay."

Chelsea looked at Arthur who was sat opposite her, glaring into his eyes, hoping he would understand and sense that she knew something was wrong too.

He looked at her and shifted in his seat. He understood the look. But, he gave her a small nod and nudged her foot underneath the table, telling her to keep calm.

"So, the Pharaoh, have you heard of him?" Alfie continued his story as if there had never been an interruption, "He kept my people, the Jewish people, in slavery for thousands of thousands of years."