Chapter 27

BELLAMYS POV

"We're going to the grounders" I inform raven as we continue to trample through the woods. I can hear raven talking, most likely criticising my plan but my minds to occupied to listen, to focused on how to get my girl back, Ravens voice only registering in muffled sounds , like the sound of being underwater. Lifting my eyes from the twisted forest floor I look at my surroundings, the gate to the grounder village wide open, the perches empty, a ghostly silence drifting over the lifeless camp . Crap.

"RAVEN SHUT UP!" I snap "look" I say nudging my head to the silence behind the walls. Raven looks up, snapping out of her rant, her face registering what was ahead. nothing. As we walk through the eerie silenced camp no one emerges from the shadows, empty huts lie with their doors open, fires lie burnt out, small knickknacks lay in the dust. There's no one here, they've all left like cowards, leaving Clarke to her fate. How can they do that?. Angrily I kick a empty metal pot from the collected fire ashes, sending it flying across the empty space it front, landing in front of a closed door, the door of then main hut. making my way over to the wooden door, turning the handle I push it open, my eyes adjusting to the dark room. Skimming my eyes around the room I notice things everywhere, thrown all over the floor, this was Clarkes room, the bastards ransacked it before they left taking all the valuble items leaving nothing behind but worthless junk, how dare they!!, what gave them the right to do that?!!, they probably thought ' hey were leaving Clarke to die, may aswell take all her belongings while were at it, you know she'll be dead soon anyway'

just as im about to storm out the room, lying on the side table, a small black book catches my eye, Clarkes sketch book. striding over to the table I lift the small book, wiping off the small layer of dust that has formed with the side of my hand. slowly opening the ring bound sketchbook, I settle my eyes on the first drawing, a simple flower, the beauty of it reflecting through the page, it was mesmerizing. flipping through the pages of the notebook, Im greeted with many pictures, memories. our first look at earth, the two headed deer, drawings of the grounders, Jasper and Monty laughing, some scenes that I don't recognise, inside of mount weather and the grounder camp, but then I catch a glimpse of a drawing ,someone, stopping to look at the picture in front of me im faced with a very realistic portrait of myself I stand there looking at the immense detail put into it, that's when raven enters the room

"Found anything?"

"eh, no, nothing, you?" I reply with, not turning to face her

"no not really, a couple of cooking utensils, and few bowls nothing much"

"right" I say lifting my head and taking charge again, snapping out of my thoughts "we should go back". grabbing a empty back pack of the ground I place the sketch book in for later and swinging the bag onto my back I leave the hut, sliding past raven who's standing in the doorway. Throwing the small collection of item that raven collected into the bag I zip it up, switfully leaving through the gaping gate.

CLARKES POV

"Thank you for your cooperation Clarke it is much appreciated, you won't have to suffer much longer" Dante says to me
I won't have to suffer much longer, that's what he said, I will be gone soon, no more pain, no more sleepless nights , no more tormenting myself over things that I didn't say, that I could have done. soon this world will be free of me and I will be with my parents once again, we will be together. I will not be scared of death I will greet it like and old friend, let it envelope me in a welcoming embrace. The only thing I fear is what I am leaving behind, will Dante go back on his word, will he defy my last living wish and go after my loved ones, killing them one by one just because he can,because I have given him the power to do so. What have I done?, I was so focused of saving them, making sure that nothing happened to them that I never realised that I'm the reason something will happen to them, I've put them in danger, because Of me they will all die. I've given Dante the key to unlocking the doors of the bunker that has been sealed shut for 97 years, I have given him the power to take over the world, quite literally, my only hope now is that mine and bellamys people will be prepared enough to take them on, strong enough to win . but then Again how do I even know they're not dead already, Dante could have easily killed jasper, monty, the grounders and they rest of the prisoners before they even got close to home, they might have never made it back, my second might never haven been warned, Bellamy might never have gotten my letter. They could all be dead by sunrise and that's my fault.

BELLAMYS POV

Slumping down onto a large rock I pull out Clarkes sketch book flipping through the pages for anything that could help, knowing Clarke, she was prepared, she wasn't going to walk off to her possible death without leaving something behind of us, some sort of clue. Then I spot something , a drawing of a map
"What's that?" Raven asks as she comes up behind me and sits on the rock next to me looking over my shoulder
"Our way of getting Clarke out...."