The Day

BANG!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ali got startled from his sleep when a loud bang echoed in his jail. His blood boiled when he see a beat-up Rudy surrounded by the young agents, all weapons are directly on him.

Alicia: You traitor! You stole IRIS, didn't you?!

Rudy: *cough* Uhuk-! Argh...*slowly sit up lean against the glass* I did......what we all should...*wipe his bloody nose*

Moon: What you did is traitorous! It's goes behind what we did!

Khai: We have come this far bro!

Roza: Heh, let's just hold him in jail until core leaders comes back!

Rudy slowly raise himself up,using the glass behind him as support as he faced all the angry agents.

Rudy: What I did...is to give a chance for all of us....to live another day..

BANG!

Another explosive warning shot arrow explode near him. It was Alicia.

Alicia: What you did is betraying this agency. And for what?!

Rudy sigh. This Neuro girl is literally obsessed with 'saving' the IRIS boy.

Rudy: You told us before. When he knew about his mother's death,you were there. You saw how broken he was.

Everyone around listen as the Inviso leader in training speak his mind after too long of silence.

Alicia: That's what friends do. I don't want him to feel like he didn't belong!

Rudy: But he is. He felt like he wasn't belong. Well,I might be one of the factors. Did we ever apologize to him properly after treating him like trash few years ago?

He stares at everyone who is literally looking away from him,guilty.

Moon: But...B-But that's all in the past!Plus,he wasn't even need to go to jail at the first place!

Mika: It's his fault he ran away.

Rudy sigh again,rubbing his forehead,feeling the headache is coming.

Rudy: Well,do he know about it? He was literally got chased down before the whole ordeal happened. Of course if I was him,I would run away too. This was his choice. He felt it was right,for him.

Ali is still listening to everything. They don't seems to notice he's already awake. Plus, Rudy is kind of covering him.

Iman: Rudy,please think again. Being a traitor-

Rudy:*got enough of the bs* I had nothing to lose but my life. I'm sorry I am not as fearless as you were but I valued my life. And yes,I feel guilty after what happened and this is my way to seek forgiveness from Ali.

Bulat: D-Does this mean-

Rudy: Yes, I am siding with him.

Silence fell in the jail as Rudy declare his reason of betrayal. He is serious this time. He is siding with the traitor.

Alicia's expression hardened.

Alicia: So be it.

Alicia pull her bow,aiming straight at Rudy who has no fear against her. Ali in the other hand is nervous wreck.

What did Rudy plan to do outing himself out like this?!

Ali(in mind): Come on Rudy....Move!

A few minutes in silence, Rudy finally let out a chuckle,confusing everyone in the room.

Jet: What's so funny?