Chapter V "They Call Me The Wanderer..."

"Oh well, I roam from town to town. I go through life without a care. I'm as happy as a clown. I with my two fists of iron but I'm going nowhere."

- Dion DiMucci

The morning sunshine seeped through the tent, waking me from my surprisingly half decent rest.
I sat up, and stretched by back, groaning as I did so.

"Oh, hey, you're finally awake!"
"Morning, um..."
"Grayson."
"Ah, yes, that's it, Grayson. Sorry I tend to not be... too great with names..." I said, acknowledging that the name I had given myself was, more than likely, not my actual name. That is if one was in-fact given to me.

"Oh, no, that's fine! After all, you only just met us yesterday."
"Yeah, True, I guess that is somewhat reasonable..."

"Anyways, we're going to be heading out quite soon, so try to get ready."
I nodded to Grayson in understandingness.

I rolled up the old, tattered, substitute bedding and pillow, and gathered up my belongings, of which wasn't much...

"I made some toast, want some?" Grayson asked, sitting by a once lit campfire with Mia.

"Yeah, sure I'll have some."

Grayson then handed me a piece.

mmmmmmmmmmmm...... toooooooaast.........

After eating we got all the rest of our stuff, along with one, still passed out Drake, and head off.

"So, where are we going first?" I asked.
"Oh, just some old town ruins for supplies real quick, then we resume our journey to the place I told you about yesterday, the Draco Hatchery."

"Say, these 'town ruins', do they have a name?"
"Hm... No, not that I know of..."
"A town with no name?"
"I suppose... Although of course it probably had a name at one point in time."

"Hey! Just like that one game on the Commodore Amiga CD thirt-!"

"Wha-?"

"Wait, what was I gonna say again?"
"Oh, whatever..."

After a roughly 2-mile walk, we had reached the "Town with No Name", and to say it was deserted, would be an understatement.

The place was like a Blockbuster Video on steroids...

"This is it." Said Grayson.

Dooo wop... please a-let me know. If this ain't lo-

Oh! Right! Sorry, I, I just... like Huey Lewis songs a lot...

Where were we again?

Oh, wait, never mind, I remember now...
Right, yes that's it, the "Town With No Name"...

"This is it." Grayson stated.
"This, is a dump..." I commented.
"Well what'd you expect?" Mia responded.
"I expected a medieval village with no one in it, not the impact site of debris from Haley's Comet..." I replied.
"Well, impact site of comet debris or not, there might still be something here that we can take." said Grayson.

"I'll go look in... Ummm..."
Before me were two different houses, I had a choice, a choice that would decide my fa-

"Eeny, meeny, miny..." I recited, starting with the house on my left.
"You." I pointed over at a third, small, dilapidated wooden hut on my far right.
"That random structure over there, which..."
"Is looking quite ominous, actually, now that I'm looking at it directly..."
"But a random structure, is a random structure of mine. Wait, no..."
"Oh never mind..."
I walked over to its *clears throat* """""Door""""", and opened it.
Much to my surprise, it didn't make the sound of 500 people walking above you in a wooden house with floor boards looser than an untied shoelace.
Inside was a chair, and a table.
There was a large, smoldering object lodged into the floor, and a hole in the ceiling above it.
"Now what might you be my good sir?"
I grabbed an old cloth lying on the table, grabbed hold of it, and pulled on it.
"Oh come on now, give it up..."
I yanked on it once more, and it dislodged, sending it into me.

"Ow."

I got up, lifting the heavy device off of me.
"There we are!"
The device was black and seemed to be made of metal, with wires running all over it.
I found a large switch recessed into the body of it, labeled "MASTER IGNITION".
I flick it, but nothing happens.
On the bottom, a small plate read "IF FOUND, IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO 14 N. MOORE ST. NYC"
"Huh..."
I decided that due to it's size, and the fact it didn't seem work, to leave it behind...
Before leaving, I spotted a frying pan on a shelf, and took it.
(Author note: You'd better bet there's gonna be a part where he hits someone with it and it makes a comedic sound.)