Chapter XXXII "Crossing Streams"

"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."
- Harold Ramis AKA Dr. Egon Spengler

Drake's Perspective

We kept running, and running, and running.
Then I remembered something,
"To where it all began."

'That's it! The house! He was talking about the house!' I thought to myself.

"Wait! Armen, Mia!" I yelled, as I stopped and turned around.
"What? What is it?" Mia asked.
"Mia, remember how I had that, "dream"?" I began.
"Yeah? What about it?"

I looked around, almost as if I were expecting someone else would hear me, before leaning towards Mia.
"The Armen in my dream also gave me a set of instructions, the first part being, 'go to where it all began" I whispered into her ear, trying not to let Armen hear it.

"Where it all began?" Mia murmured to herself.
"As in..." She began.
"The house." We both said in unison.
"I'll follow you, you know the way better than I do." Mia said.
"Armen, follow me, we've got a destination to get to." I said.

The house wasn't very far, so it wasn't long before we arrived.

"There it is!" Mia exclaimed as the house came into view.
"Alright, What was next?" She asked.
"He said 'Find a clearing, or a path in the bushes'..." I replied.

We looked around for a good few minutes, but saw no such clearing or path.
"Wait, Drake, I just realized." Mia began.
"Maybe it's not where it all began for us, maybe it's where it all began for Samuel." She said.
I thought for a moment, before realizing that she might be right.
"We can cut across through the badlands to get there." I said.
"Then let's get going." Mia responded.
"C'mon Armen." She added.

The vegetation wasn't particularly abundant, so we made it there quite quickly.
We glanced around the area, before finding an opening in the bushes.
We stepped off the path, and into a dimly lit area of forest.

"Mia, Drake! Come here! Look what I found!" I heard Armen shout from ahead of us.
"Look at what? There's-" Mia began before stopping dead in her tracks.
"Oh. my." I said slowly, as I got a view of what it was.

Right in front of us, resting against a tree, was a blue, wooden box.
"What- what is that?" Armen asked, despite probably knowing that none of us knew the answer.
"I- haven't a clue." I replied, examining the box.

"Wait, hold on..." I murmured as I remembered that Samuel had tossed me something.
I fumbled around, before finding it, and carefully taking the object out of my pocket.
It was a small, oddly shaped brass key, with strange engravings on it.
I quickly found a keyhole on the right door, inserted the key, and turned it clockwise.
I then tried pushing and pulling on the door, but it didn't open.
"Oh, I'm an idiot, it turns the other way..." I said quietly, after a moment of confusion.
Low and behold, turning it counterclockwise made an audible 'click!', unlocking it.
I pushed the door open, and instantly became speechless.

The inside was huge!
"Wha- what the? How is???" I stifled, as I quickly leaned in and out of the doorway, glancing at the side of the box multiple times, before then stepping out to see Mia circling the outside.
"Holy crap." We both said in unison.

"It's-, it's smaller on the outside?!?" Armen declared, equally as astonished and confused as we were.
"No-, that-, but that's impossible!" Mia responded.

Me, Armen, and Mia all looked at each other with the same look on our faces,
A look that said, 'What the hell did we just discover?'

"Seeing as Samuel had the key that goes to this thing, something tells me there's a lot more to him than meets the eye..." I said.
"Well... should we go in?" Armen asked.