Chapter XXII "The Breaking Point"

Drake's perspective

Grayson entered the room and slammed the door behind him.
"That's it. You did it Drake." Grayson said coldly.
"Did what?" I asked confused.

"You know very well what." Grayson replied

"He's gone Drake." Grayson said
"You made him leave."

"What do you mean he left?" I asked

"Oh, shut it you bonehead! You know exactly what I mean! YOU AND YOUR STUPID DREAMS DRAKE!!!" Grayson yelled furiously.
"Just when I thought you had finally forgotten about Armen, you pull a stunt like that!"
"What is wrong with you Drake?!?"
"But-"
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER SYLLABLE COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!"
"Samuel doesn't know how to survive on his own!"
"You might as well have just killed him, Drake!"
"In the morning, we are looking for him, when and if we find him, you are going to give him the greatest apology that's ever been given on this earth!"
"Get in bed and try to "dream" about how to be a better person."
"..."
"NOW!!!"
I quickly rushed under the covers and turned around to face the wall.
I heard Grayson open the door to the other room, and slam it closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night.
It was thundering outside.

Between two claps of thunder, I heard the floor creak, startling me fully awake.
I sat up in the bed and scanned the room.

Another blast of thunder and lightning startled me as I thought I saw something in the corner of the room.
I did a double take, but nothing was there.

"It's just your imagination Drake, it's just your imagination..." I told myself as I closed my eyes and laid back down in bed.

"Yes Drake, just your imagination..." a foreboding yet amused voice added.

My eyes shot wide open, to see Samuel staring right at me.

Both of his eyes pure white.

Before I could move, he grabbed my shoulder tightly, and teleported me outside, into the middle of the wilderness.
I fell into the grass beneath me.
"AH!" I screamed

"Woah, calm down Drake."
His voice was downright unsettling.
A deep, almost demonic voice accompanied the sound of his normal voice.
Almost as if two people with different voices, were both speaking the same words at once, but through one mouth.

"There's nothing for you to be afraid of." Samuel tried to say comfortingly.
"Yo- your- eyes, they're-..." I began in fear.
"Wait, no. No, no no no no. NO. NO! SAMUEL! NO! SAMUEL DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! SNAP OUT OF IT!" I yelled out to him in an attempt to

"Hahaha, oh Drake... Don't you get it?"
"I'm not possessed Drake."

"This is me."

"AhahahahahAHAHAHA! OH DRAKE HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO HAVE SUCH POWER! HAHAHAHahaaaaaaa!" He yelled out, laughing maniacally.

"But I'm getting ahead of myself..." Samuel said, continuing the conversation.

"You know, they say the greatest gift of all is life, but, I think otherwise."
"You see, there's something that can cure, well, anything."
"A universal "snake oil" of sorts..."
"Colds, the Flu, hunger, thirst...Depression. Nether, maybe even cancer, heh."