The Innocent Mistake - 1

Check if you've read the prologue before proceeding. Also do vote.

_______

Noise of the ceiling fan running.

Sana starred at Sidharth who was nervously sitting on the bed for the past 15 minutes.

"Sidhaaarth..", she called his name sweetly by dragging it longer as usual.

"Hmm..", he hummed.

"I could've lent you my nail cutter.", She said.

"Huh?", He looked puzzled and later pulled out his finger from his mouth and looked at the nails which he had chewed in nervousness.

"Shut up!", He said

"Rrrr.. Why did you get me to your home if we had to just sit silently? We could have sat in the biology class as well.", Sana said feeling irritated.

"You said you can do anything for my forgiveness..", he reminds her.

"Yes, I did. That's why I am sitting here with you now. Biology is my favourite subject yet I bunked it. Isn't it enough proof that I love you?", she asked.

Her last three words made him turn his head to look at her half face. She was sitting beside him on the bed and playing with her feet casually.

She turned her head and looked at his face who was still staring at her.

"What are you..",her remaining words couldn't flow because he had swallowed them into his mouth by placing his wet lips on hers. Her body stiffened at once finding her best friend doing something which was so unusal. She pushed him away.

She wiped her lips with the back of her palm. His heart was beating double time faster than normal. Growing up together, they had shared food with each other which meant they had tasted each other's saliva as well but today it was different. While she felt gross and alien, he got a tingling sensation on his lips tasting her saliva.

"Yewww!! What are you doing?", She yelled at him. As far as he recalled those weren't the words spoken by Jiya after the kiss with Shashank hence Sidharth frowned at her.

"Just go away from here. I won't talk to you ever.", He yelled at her.

Her eyes welled up with tears. She had missed her classes to get his forgiveness but here he told her that he wouldn't talk to her ever.

Those eight months she had ignored him were most horrible days of her life. She couldn't keep up with her new girl friends because she had been practically around him only since time immemorial. To say the least that she didn't bond well with girls. All she needed was him. Her only best friend who was an integral part of her ever since she was a baby.

"Sidhaaarth..", she called him with an innocent tone. He didn't look at her face.

"I am sorry..", she said holding his hand which was resting on his lap. Her finger tips scratched his upper thigh when she held his hand. He felt a current pass through. The little organ in his pant stiffened a little. Everything was as alien to him as it was for her, it was just that he had seen something which he shouldn't have and couldn't understand or decipher.

The way Sidharth was her only friend, she was his only friend too. Her avoidance caused him emotional damage over those eight months. He tried befriending boys but it didn't work for him. The recent one was the gang of 3 boys considered as cool by other boys and who asked him to steal cigrettes for them from his brother's room to be a part of their gang.

After his brother's warning, Sidharth had maintained his distance from those boys. But being a social animal, he was craving for a friend. He felt jealous when he found Sana speaking to another boy during assembly. He picked up a fight with the boy which finally made her come running behind him by recess.