The Innocent Mistake - 23

Check if you've read the previous update.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ Parts in this chapter could be disturbing. Read at your own risk. Please don't drop any hateful comment for me.
________

Lowering his head in guilt, Sidharth walk towards the common waiting area at the hospital where he had left Sana and the new born.

What was he going to tell her?

That he failed at fulfilling his responsibility?

That he couldn't arrange for a shelter?

That they will have to stay on the footpath like innumerous other homeless people?

All because of his one mistake.

He lifted his eyes to search for her.

"Sa..na..?", he muttered as he scanned through the whole area with a glance but she was nowhere to be seen.

Where was she?

Wait! Is that..?

Creases of tension formed on his forehead. His eyes caught a glance of her bag.

Where would she go leaving her bag? How was he going to find her in such a big hospital?

He swiftly turned his head when he heard a baby cry and sighed. It was Sana with the baby but she looked fatigued and on the verge of crying.

"Sana, where were you? What happened?", he asked her.

"Why does she cry so much?", Sana burst into tears.

"Give her to me.", he requested forwarding his hand. Sana handed him the baby and with a light rocking in his arm, the baby fell quiet. A smile appeared on Sana's face. Sidharth looked down and smiled at the little baby.

"Aww.. there she stopped crying", Sidharth sighed and looked at Sana. Her facial expressions were changed and a frown appeared on her face.

"Give me back MY BABY.", she ordered feeling possessive for her baby.

"Umm.. hmmm..", Sidharth lowered his head biting his lips and gave her the baby. As soon as she held the baby into her arm, the baby started crying again. Sana rocked the baby but she didn't stop crying.

"Sana, I'll hold her for a while. You are tired..", Sidharth requested but Sana didn't budge and turned her back to him still trying harder to calm the baby. But with each passing second the baby's cries were running daggers on her heart. Sana's ear heated up with an overflow of various emotions she went through at the moment. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"Please..", Sidharth requested humbly while forwarding his hands infront of her. He would have never done it when they were friends. What was hers, was his and he would rightfully just snatch it away from her hand to annoy her, ignoring her curses and punches that followed. But they were not friends anymore. Were they? No, not after he snatched away her modesty and childhood.

A drop of repentance fell from his eyes and Sana looked at his face. Those red eyes stung her heart. Didn't she hate him for jeopardizing her life? Why would his tears hurt her? She moved her focus from his face to his hands and nodded her head. Unwillingly, she passed the baby to him. Somewhere, in the tiniest part of her mind she didn't want the baby to stop crying in his arm but the baby did and this made Sana evermore sulky and jealous.

She is MY BABY. I kept her in my womb for months yet she chooses to be in his arm more than mine. Why? He snatched away everything from me. My studies, my career, my parents, my innocence, my modesty and now MY BABY. I hate him.

With these thoughts she burst into tears again. Her tears were the most powerful and destructive weapon which was destroying him from inside. Not finding words, he just sat down, lowering his head.