The Innocent Mistake - 14

Unedited..🙏

The door bell rang and Sana opened it. Her eyes were sore due to excessive crying but the person infront couldn't notice it as his eyes were fixed on her feet rather than her face.

"I've got you avocados and bananas. It's rich in potassium.", He said showing the bag.

"Hmm..", she let him in.

"Would you like to drink banana and avocado smoothie?", He asked.

"Hmm..", she hummed again. Her humming short replies wanted him to look at her face but he couldn't disobey her orders and make her feel uncomfortable.

He went into the kitchen and got onto with preparation of smoothie. Sitting on the stool kept near the kitchen countertop, she quietly observed him work. Though he didn't look at her face, he knew that she was staring at him.

"What is that?", Sana asked him when she saw him pouring a spoonful of something black into a glass.

"Chia seeds, it's a good source of iron and..", he paused.

"And?", She asked inquisitively.

"..and has O.. Omega-3 fatty acids..", he stuttered.

"What effect would it have?", She narrowed her eyebrows in suspicion and probed since she noticed him fumble.

"It.. it aids in b.. b.. baby's brain development.", He said looking down at the floor while his feet drew circles on the floor. She studied him silently.

"Where did you learn all this from?", She asked still staring at him

"I had a doctor who came to get his car washed this morning.", He replied.

"..and you asked the doctor about this?", she asked and he nodded his head.

Scooping out avocados and chopping the bananas, he added them to the juicer. He scanned for yogurt in the refrigerator and poured some into the jar and added a little sugar before blending it.

He served the smoothie into the glass, that had soaked chia, for her. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't touch it. He waited for her to drink patiently while his eyes fixated at her hand which didn't move even a little.

"Sana?", He muttered to startle her out of her thoughts.

"What?", She asked.

"Smoothie..", he replied.

"Hmm..", she sipped the smoothie and found it pleasing her appetite.

"It's good..", she said and a little smile crept up on his face.

"Thanks. Umm.. aaaa.. are you alright?", He asked hesitantly.

"Why?", She inquired.

"You seem lost..", he answered.

"Go to work Sidharth. I'll see you in the evening for a walk and breathing exercise.", She commanded. He nodded his head and unwantedly left.

...
...
...

Sidharth and Sana walked side by side in the park. While she was still zoned out, his attention was solely on her steps. She halted in her trail and he stopped as well.

"What happened Sana?", Sidharth asked.

"Do you remember your words that you spoke when you first met me here in this park?", Sana asked.

"Huh?", He was confused.

"You said, you want to take responsibility for your actions.", Sana reminded him.