The Innocent Mistake - 18

I am back to give closure to my stories.

To understand this chapter, please read the previous chapter.

___________

"Hello.. ", answered Sana's father, Rajiv. His voice filled with tension. Sidharth couldn't gather the courage to speak. His lips were dry and refused to move.

"Hello... Hellooo..", Rajiv screamed loudly into the receiver since he couldn't hear the other person.

"Who is it Rajiv?", Sidharth's eyes widened upon hearing Priya's voice. It meant, Sana's mother was back. The person whose name Sana constantly chanted while shrieking in labour pain.

"I don't know..", Rajiv turned to speak to Priya.

"Is it Sana? Sana? Sana? Hellooo.. Sana, my child, where are you?", Priya pulled the phone from Rajiv's hand and spoke impatiently.

Sidharth disconnected the call immediately since he couldn't contain the pain and sat down holding his head. The restlessness in Priya's voice reminded him of someone very dear to him - his mother. How restless she would be as her son is away from her for months now. After watching the pain Sana went through while birthing his baby, he wondered how much pain his mother must have gone through to bring him into this world. All his childhood memories with his mother appeared infront of him. Painful tears escaped from his eyes effortlessly.

Regaining the strength, he stood up again and dialled yet another number. An international number which was his mother's.

"Hello..",all the pain he had endured all this while to reach an unknown country inorder to bear the consequences of his innocent mistake, relapsed upon hearing the voice of his mother. His knees jiggled like jelly as he found himself weakened. Her mere voice had turned him into a little baby who would run and hide behind his mother to find a safe place. A short and sudden painful sob escaped his mouth.

"Sidhaarth..", his mother cried immediately which made him immediately cover the mouth piece of the phone. He was taken aback as yo how her mother recognised him by his mere short sob.

"Sidharth, where are you?", His heart beat paced double the normal speed. He had made a mistake that was unexplainable. A fear of his mother's wrath and the realisation the hate which she would have for him if she learnt his mistake surfaced his thoughts.

"Sidhaarth.. hello.. Sidharth.. why aren't you talking? Please talk to me..", Rekha cried restlessly. The pain and her constant pleads compelled him to speak up. He took his hand off from the receiver to utter the word 'Maa', the same first word which he had blabbered after coming into this world.

"Ramya.. what happened?", the words Sidharth wanted to speak, died when he heard his father's voice.  His father was never supportive of him and if he spoke now, his father would throw his wrath upon him afterall Sidharth had stolen all his brother's money before leaving.

"Anil.. it's Sidharth over the phone.", Sidharth heard as Rekha exclaimed.

"What? Really? Where is he?", Anil uttered taken aback.

"Yes, I don't know. He is not speaking. Sidhaarth... Can you hear me?", Ramya cried. Sidharth bit his lips as his mind was torn in two thoughts with alternating emotions at the moment.

"What's the number?", Anil enquired.

"It's an international number..", Ramya said. Sidharth shivered at the details. What if they tracked him? His father wouldn't spare his life.

"Not again Ramya. It's a spam call, damn it!! Disconnect the call", Anil yelled in frustration which made Sidharth sigh.

"No, it's definitely my Sidharth.", Ramya revolted in one breath.