The Innocent Mistake - 2

Check if you've read the previous update.

Unedited.
___________

"Sidharth, where is your mind? You forgot your lunchbox at the dining table, I have other works to do than run behind you with a tiffin box.", Shashank passed Sidharth his lunch box at the stairs of his apartment building.

Sidharth coldly took his lunchbox and left without uttering a word to Shashank.

"What the hell? What's wrong with him? He just ignored me as if I didn't even exist.", Shashank mumbled and glared at his back.

Once Sidharth was out off his sight, Shashank shakes off his thoughts and goes back inside his apartment..
.
.

"Roll No. 39"

"Roll No. 39?", The teacher cried.

"Ma'am, Sana is sick and absent.", Said a girl.

"Oh!! Hmm.. 40..", the teacher called.

"40?", The teacher yelled in annoyance.

"Ma'am, Sidharth is absent..", said a boy.

"What happened to him?", Asked teacher.

"Don't know ma'am.", Came a reply. The teacher sighed and proceeded to call out 41.

.
.

Sidharth sat on the little bench in the park and stared aimlessly at some kids playing in the distance. His school bag lazily lied beside him. He was dressed in a school uniform but wasn't at school due to his greatest fear of how to face Sana.

The memories from his last encounter with her were haunting him. He couldn't earse any of it. When he took her home with him, his subconscious mind warned him of making something wrong.

He was nervous as hell but the trauma he had faced when she ignored him was more dominating. Jiya's word where she assured Shashank that she won't leave him especially after they made love, made Sidharth believe that Sana would never ignore him again after the event. However, after the act which didn't last over 10 minutes, it made him feel awkward and ashamed.

The most dreadful part of the memory was seeing her blood on his bedsheets which he first mistook to be coming from his private part. He remembered that when they were friends, he hated to see tears in her eyes. This time it was her blood and it was because he had hurt her.

When he tried to check on her wound, she stuttered and jerked him while struggling to protect her modesty which was already tarnished by him. He put his head down while she quickly dressed herself back into the uniform. He was shaken to find her limping out of his room.

For hours together, he sat in the room repenting for his action. When the main door of his home clinked and opened, he shivered within. He heard Shashank and Jiya's laughter. He immediately pulled out the bedsheets and went into his bathroom to clean the blood stain.

All the time he cleaned it, he wondered how his brother and Jiya were so happy and cheerful after doing something which was haunting him. Squeezing the blanket, he went on to dry it in his balcony where he caught sight of his brother smoking, while Jiya was hugging him and snuggling her nose into the crook of his neck. Looking at him, Jiya suddenly pulled herself away from Shashank which made him annoyed.

"What are you doing?", Shashank asked rubbing the cigrette butt into the ashtray.

"Aaa.. ummm.. Drying the bedsheet.", Sidharth answered with a stutter while hiding his face from his brother.

"I can see that. I am not a blind. Why did you wash it? Did you forget that we have a maid who does it every 2 weeks?", Said Shashank.

"I.. I accidentally spilt paint on it while colouring hence I cleaned it immediately.", Answered Sidharth while spreading rhe bedsheet on the clothes hanger.