The Innocent Mistake - 15

Unedited..
_______

The 23 minutes ride to hospital felt longer than 23 days long journey Sidharth had covered in the metal container. Her painful cries throughout the journey literally ran sharp daggers on his heart. He blamed himself for every tear she shed and every shriek she cried.

"We are here Sid.", The words had just flown driver's mouth and Sidharth sprang up from his seat and ran towards her side of the door to open it for her.

"Sidhaaarth..", she stopped in her trail.

"Hmm..", he hummed unable to speak, while looking at her feet.

She stood silently which made him lift his eyes and look at her face. Her fair and youthful appearance was red and sweating with pain and agony written all over it.

"I don't want to go back to my parents house. You promised me to take the responsibility.", She said in a painful voice.

"Huh?", His eyes widened in shock.

"Did you understand?", She asked.

"Hmmm..", he nodded his head affirmatively.

Clenching her stomach, she covered the distance to the entrance.

"She is in pain. Please help.", He pleaded.

The receptionist looked at Sana who now sat on the chair holding her bump.

"Oh! Can I grab her name quickly and her patient reference number.", The lady asked.

He looked inside the bag and fished out her file before passing it to the lady. The lady looked at it and immediately called up a nurse to help her.

"Sana Kapoor..", the nurse called and Sidharth ran to her and pointed his finger into Sana's direction. Sana was taken on the wheelchair to the labour ward by the nurse. All the way she shrieked while he walked along with her bag.

Arriving at the entrance of the labour ward, his steps paused which made the nurse look at him.

"Aren't you coming in young man? You are?", The lady asked.

Sidharth looked at Sana for her approval.

"Partner.. and he is coming inside..", Sana replied and he nodded his head before walking in.

The nurse arranged the little bed while Sidharth stood beside whimpering Sana. The nurse spread a spill proof sheet exactly half way down on the bed and laid a few pads over it. Sidharth observed everything while Sana breaked her knuckles in nervousness.

"Come darling, let me help you out of the wheelchair.", The nurse said.

Sana tried getting up from the wheelchair but it wasn't so easy to get up with that big bump. She left out a painful groan when he held his hand in front of her. Sana held his hand and he along with the nurse supported her to stand on her feet.

"I am going to check your vitals now.", The nurse said to Sana who was now sitted on the bed. Her hand was still in his hand as she experienced yet another painful contraction which made Sana unknowingly crush his hand and groan. The nurse waited until Sana sighed in relief as the contractions stopped.

The nurse then quickly checked her blood pressure, temperature and heartbeats before noting it down.

"Now sweetheart, I am going to check on the midwife and the doctor who is going to help you. Meanwhile, I will have to ask your partner to help you get dressed into this hospital gown and then you have to lie down on this. Okay?", said the nurse passing him the gown.

Sidharth nervously hummed to her instructions.

"Ohh!! Tie the gown at the back. And just the hospital gown nothing else. No inners, I have arranged those pads, so you have to position your bottom on it. Okay?", The nurse gave some more instructions before leaving them inside the ward and closing the door behind.