The Innocent Mistake - 13

Check if you've read the previous update.

Unedited
_______

Sana sulked bitterly sitting in a little corner beside her bed by hiding her face into her palm. It was just a few hours back that she had been smiling while shopping at the store for baby clothes.

"I want to eat Dosa..", she expressed her pregnancy craving looking at the illuminated board hanging outside a restaurant, within the mall.

"Hmm..", Sidharth nodded his head and accompanied her to the restaurant. He made sure that he walked slowly with her at baby pace and carried all the shopping bag himself.

"Mysore Masala Dosa", Sana says after scanning through the menu at least three times before deciding to order it.

"Would you like anything to drink with it?", Asked the server. Sana instantly looked at the menu once again before settling in for a Mango Lassi.

The server nodded at Sana and looked at Sidharth who politely declined to order anything. He was disturbed by the way his card declined payment earlier. His weeks long wage wasn't sufficient to pay meagre expenses of an unborn child. In what capacity did he promise her to share the responsibility? He could buy his three basic meals in the cost of one dosa, he thought. He wanted to save to fulfil her and baby's needs over his.

"Why aren't you eating?", Sana enquired after the server had left.

"I ain't feeling hungry.", Sidharth mumbled folding the tissue paper into an airplane.

"Hmm..", she hummed staring at his hand.

Her thoughts wandered into past looking at the paper plane. They were 6 at that time. Sidharth had newly acquired the knowledge of making paper planes and was very excited to show it to Sana.

"I want a paper plane too..", Sana cried looking at the plane. Sidharth instantly tore a paper and made a plane for her.

 Sidharth instantly tore a paper and made a plane for her

"Yay!!! Vvvrrroooooommmm..", she ran with ther plane in the lawn.

"Stupid, they fly. Like this..", Sidharth said blowing air into the plane before launching it in air.

"Wowww..", Sana looked at it and did the same but it did go as far as his plane but she was happy for whatever distance it covered.

"Let's race! Whoever's flies the furthest is the winner.", He said and she readily agreed.

They both stood side by side and launched their planes at the count of three. This time Sana's plane travelled furthest. While Sana celebrated her victory Sidharth frowned.

"I want that plane", Sidharth said grumpily.

"But that's mine.", She argued.

"I made it.", He replied shutting her from arguing further. She gave him the plane in exchange for his with a sad pout.