The Innocent Mistake - 7

I feel extremely grateful for everyone who is taking interest and appreciating the story. I was a bit reluctant initially to write as I feared an unfavorable response. Thank you.

Unedited..
________

He took a deep breath of fresh air which wasn't contaminated or stinky like the container. Exhaling, the air, he smiled a little. Finally, he was breathing the same air, which she was breathing.

Soon darkness surfaced infront of his eyes, his knees tottered unable to hold him up and he collapsed with a thud on the ground.

"Mate.. mate.. hey mate...", He heard faint words of the person who had helped him out of the filthy container few minutes back.

.
.
.
<Tring Tring>

"Hello..", Priya answered.

"Hello. Priya, guess what? I met my old school friend, Shaan on the train today.", Rajiv spoke sweetly into the phone. She could say that he was smiling at the moment.

"So?", She asked in a cold tone.

"Actually, he is coming home with me now.", Rajiv spoke in excitement.

"Now? Now as in?", She asked in shock

"In another 20 minutes we both will be there.", He said.

"Have you gone mad Rajiv?", Priya yelled.

"Just a minute Shaan.. there is no proper telephone signal here.. I guess she is asking me what to make for dinner.", Rajiv excused his friend and walked a bit away from him.

"No, I am not. Rajiv, How can you get a guest home?", Priya screamed into the reciever.

"Stop yelling like a mad dog. I didn't invite him. He self invited himself because he is travelling back to India tomorrow and he wanted to meet y'all before going. Priya, just for the sake of a few hours, we will have to manage.", Rajiv said.

"Manage? Yeah fine, I will tell your daughter to peel off the 31 weeks old baby bump and hide it inside the wardrobe.", Priya said sarcastically.

"Listen you. Will you stop arguing? I know we can't hide her baby bump but we will have to hide her somewhere, for few hours.", Rajiv suggests.

"Wow!! Brilliant idea but will you take a little pain of telling me where exactly do you want me to hide her?", She asked in a taunting tone.

"Argghhh.. I don't know. Just.. just hide her in the spare room or garage but make sure you ask her to be quiet until he leaves. And prepare some dinner for him as well.", Rajiv spoke in annoyance

"Yeah, any other orders?", Priya asked.

"Go to hell!", He disconnected the phone tired of listening to her taunts.

Priya blabbered non-stop and went to Sana's room.

"Listen Sana, we have a guest coming home in few minutes.", Priya informed.

Sana's lip formed a curve. The innocent girl always loved having guests at home. Being the only child, the guest would bring her gifts or atleast present her some money before they left. Her parents would be extra sweet to her and would proudly boast about her infront of them. There would be a special cuisine prepared which she had been secretly craving from months but didn't dare to ask her mother as her mother was always in a bad mood.

"Okay Maa.. What do I wear?", Sana asked in excitement.

"Nothing because you aren't going to make an appearance in front of him. We left our country to hide your sin and your presence with that baby bump will only bring us shame. You are going to stay in the spare room until he leaves. You have to be absolutely quiet and also keep the lights off.", Her mother instructed dumping all her frustration on her. Sana was devastated with those cruel words from her mother. From being their pride to becoming a means of shame, that's how far she has arrived after that innocent mistake of her's.