The Innocent Mistake - 22

Check if you've read the previous update
_______

"Papa..", Sana shivered, her lips dried as she muttered in shock to see her father at the hospital. Her voice wasn't loud enough to reach Rajeev's ears but Sidharth heard it.

"Shhh", Realising the situation, Sidharth pulled on his hoodie to hide his face and took a step to Sana's left so that he would block Rajeev's view by covering her. But Rajeev was too occupied talking to his over the call.

"Where would she go? She must be in the room. Check properly.", Rajeev instructed his wife, Priya. Sidharth gestured Sana to keep walking and continued to hide Sana from Rajeev's view as they walked away.

"I am standing in her room itself.. she is not here. What if she learnt about what we did?", Priya asked in fear.

"Shut up Priya.. she must be in the bathroom.", Rajeev said, who was now sweating profusely. There was a brief silence.

"Hello.. helloo.. Priyaaa.. are you there?", Rajeev said when he couldn't hear her.

"R.. R.. Rajeev.. I found a note written by Sana under her pillow.", Priya spoke.

"What does it say?", Rajeev barked.

"I hate you.. Don't dare to search for me.. if you try searching for me I will inform the police that you both planned to abandon my baby. You know it is a criminal offence. - Sana.", Priya read the note and started crying.

Rajeev disconnected the call and marched towards the NICU intercom and pressed the button.

"Hi, how may I help you.", he heard the lady receptionist.

"I am here for Baby of Sana Kapoor.", he said.

"Just a minute.. I am sorry, she was discharged a few minutes back by her mother.", The lady replied confirming his doubt.

Rajeev redialled Priya and she answered immediately.

"Did you find her?", Priya asked.

"Pack all the belongings.. we are leaving for India as per our schedule.", Rajeev said.

"What about Sana? Is she with you?", Priya asked.

"Just do as I say...", he yelled at Priya.

"She got that dirt discharged from the hospital.", Rajeev said sitting in his car.

"Huh? But.. where did she go?", Priya asked.

"We were trying to protect her and secure her future but she is threatening us to report to police. I don't care for her anymore.", Rajeev spat angrily.

"But.. she is our daughter..", Priya said.

"She was.. if you are too concerned then go, search for her and get youself a place in prison. I am not going to accompany you to the jail. I have had enough.", Rajeev yelled steering the wheels.

...
...
...

Sana sighed finding her father leave from far. She narrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Sidharth who was somewhere lost in thoughts.

"Shall we go?", she asked.

"Huh?", he looked puzzled.

"I asked, shall we go?", she repeated.

"Aaa.. hmmm..", Sidharth nodded slowly and picked up the baby's bag which they had taken while discharging.

"Wait.. my bag?", she uttered aghast when she was reminded of her own bag looking at the baby's bag.

"Bag? You didn't have any.", He replied.

"I did.. I got it when I left the home.", she said.

"But you didn't when I saw you.", Sidharth said. Sana pondered staring blankly at the baby who was sleeping cozily, wrapped warmly in her arm.