The Innocent Mistake - 16

"Maa.. Maa..", Sana called her mother who was standing in the kitchen, at a distance, cooking food for her. Sana was wearing a pink barbie pajamas, her long hair kissing her waist while she was hugging her favourite teddy bear.

"Thank God you decided to wake up. Now, could you please grace your presence in the bathroom and freshen up to go to school?", Priya asked.

"What are you making maa?", Sana asked filling in her nostrils with the aroma of the food.

"Your favourite, bottle gourd curry.", Priya replied with a smile.

"Wow!! I love you maa..", Sana squeaked in happiness..

"I love you maa..", Came another voice from behind as if it echoed her own.

"Huh?", Sana furrowed her brows in confusion and turned around to see a little girl dressed in a pink pajama, her hair was flowing till her waist and she hugged a.. teddy bear? Wasn't that her favourite teddy. How can it be? She has her teddy in her hand itself. She turned her head to look at her hand and was shocked to see that she was holding a spatula while it's other end was in a pan filled with bottle gourd curry.

"What? How? Maa?", She looked up perplexed to see how she was standing inside the kitchen and wasn't it her maa who was holding the spatula a few seconds ago. But her mother was no where near to her

"Maa.. I am hungry", Sana heard the little girl say from behind.

"Huh?", She turned yet again to look at the girl but there was no one.

"I hate bottle gourd, Sana", she heard a male voice to her right and turned her head to find her best friend, Sidharth standing beside her.

"You? When did you come? Where is Maa? And where is that little girl who was holding my teddy bear?", Sana asked confused.

"Don't you try to divert my attention. Why are you making bottle gourd curry? Hmm.. I know, because you hate me.", He said.

"Shut up. You know I love you.", She said nonchalantly. He pulled the spatula from her hand and turned her around to look into her eyes intensely.

"What?", She asked him naively while turning around to look for her mother and the little girl.

"Prove it..", he said walking behind her. His hand brushing over her hand, passing through arms and landing on the shoulders as he kissed her earlobes softly which made her eyes close automatically. It was an alien feeling but she liked it until his hands landed on her twin mounds and squeezed it.

"What are you doing Si..", her eyes sprang open and she paused abruptly.. why was it all dark. Was there a power cut? She looked around and found darkness surrounding her for all the sides except that she was clearly visible as if a spotlight shone onto her and when she looked down she saw her belly buldged out.

"Huh? What?", She touched the bump to understand what it was.

"Whose dirt is it?", Sana was startled to hear her mother's voice which echoed but there was no one nearby. She starts crying in fear and anxiety.

"Tell me Sana, who is it? I will kill that bastard.", Sana heard her father's voice but surprisingly even he wasn't around. Soon everything went numb and dark while she heard her own sulks buried in darkness.

Sana stirred returning to consciousness. Her face was sweating profusely as she feared to open her eyes due to the nightmare she had. After feeling stretched and heavy for months, did her stomach feel hollow? With her eyes still closed, she slowly moved her hand towards her belly which now felt flat. Was it all her dream? Was the pain and agony she went through for months all just a nightmare? Was everything the same as it was.