The Innocent Mistake - 3

Consider the story as fiction and refrain from abusing me. If you aren't liking it then I will change the character names.

Unedited 🙏
________

(Toilet Flush Sound)

(Tap water running)

(Door creaks)

Sana saw Priya strolling outside the bathroom door and gulps.

"Maa...", Sana speaks in scared and meek voice

"Did you get it?", Asked Priya halting in her trail.

"Maa, I think I am feeling fine today.", Sana said.

"Sanaaa!! I am sick of your excuses and I really don't have time for it. I am getting late for my office. Your father doesn't take any responsibility and everything is on my shoulder. Just give me the stool sample container now..", Priya yelled.

"S... S.. Sorry Maa.. since I was feeling better, I didn't collect any stool in the container..", Sana stuttered.

"Arggghhh..  I asked your father to do this work but you gave him 4 different excuses in these 5 days since we saw the doctor. The first two days went into constipation, the next day you forgot, yesterday you attended the nature call in a hurry without taking the container and now you are telling me that you are feeling alright? Rrrrr.. Do you realise that food poisoning is a serious problem? If they don't identify the underlying cause, the treatment will delay. You have your exams in two weeks...", Priya scolded her daughter angrily.

"But, I am feeling better..", Sana spoke in irritation.

Priya's phone rang and she answered it.

"Hello... What?.. Oh hell!! Nisha can you manage it for a while, I am on my way.", Priya hurriedly ran towards the door and Sana sighed in relief.

"Sana.. I am going to talk to you in the evening. The maid will come at 10. Eat your food and drink lots of fluid. If you are not feeling well then ring me up. Don't watch television, anyways I've disconnected the cable so there is nothing to watch. No going out. Do your revisions especially the ones where you missed classes.", Priya gave a set of commands and left even before Sana could answer.

"Yes Maa.. Bye", Sana replied in a depressed and soft tone to literally no one but herself now.

Tears ran down her cheeks automatically when she closed the main door, having realised how lonely she was. It wasn't until a few weeks that she would start crying all of a sudden. She would be irked and disturbed by any trivial issue. The most recent was collecting a stool sample. She was absolutely disgusted even at the thought of someone handling or testing her stool hence she had been procrastinating it. She decided to hide her sickness by telling she is fine. Anyways her parents were never there to watch her.

She locked her room door and sulked alone as usual. She decides to divert her attention by indulging in revising her favourite subject Biology.

Opening the book, she looked at the index of chapters which were all ticked by her except for the chapter reproductive system. She was reminded of the dreadful day when she missed the lecture and the subsequent day due to fever.

Pushing back the thoughts, she went to the page and started reading it. Just after reading few paragraphs, she felt like throwing up. She rushed to her bathroom and flushed out the water which hadn't even reached her digestive system.

When she returned and tried reading the chapter, she realised that the chapter was just worsening her mental health. The words reminded her of her best friend, Sidharth with whom she spent doing the practical session of the theory which she was reading now. She shut the book immediately and curled up into her bed to cry again.