The Innocent Mistake - 17

"Hssshh..", Sana hissed in pain while rubbing her forehead but her eyes were still scanning her surroundings lost in her thoughts.

It had been 24 hours, since she last saw Sidharth. He was holding her hand and standing beside her, when she was screaming in pain before the world in front of her went pitch black. When she opened her eyes, there were no traces of her innocent mistake. Neither the convict, Sidharth nor the consequence, the baby. She had her former little family, her parents back in her life. The happy family she yearned for all these eight and half long months. Everything went back to normal and back to how it was before the innocent mistake she had committed.

Or did it?

What about the agony she had been going through at present after losing her baby who she carried in her womb for those eight and half months? The same baby, who was her only hope when her parents weren't there for her. What about the feeling of betrayal which she is currently experiencing by Sidharth. Sidharth, her former best friend who promised her to take the responsibility and stand by her like he was until yesterday.

"Sana, where is your mind? Did you hurt yourself?", her mother scolded while rubbing her forehead.

"I'm fine.", Sana replied slightly pushing her mother's hand away from her. She had gone through much more than these in past few months but her mother didn't show this care. The only person who cared a little was.. Sidharth.

But he betrayed her.

"Hmmm.. get inside the car then.", Priya said. Sana now looked at her mother and nodded her head before getting inside the car. Priya got in from the other side and looked at her daughter looking outside the window.

"Sana.. put on your seatbelt.", Priya said rolling her eyes. Sana hummed and pulled the seatbelt but while she did, she was only reminded of the baby and him. Her struggle to put on the belt due to baby bump and him helping her in the past. Tears welled up in her eyes without her permission. She turned her face away to hide her tears from her mother and looked out of the window.

I am discharged from the hospital but he didn't come. Betrayer!!

Why are you feeling betrayed, Sana? If he were here now, do you think you would have gone with him even after losing your baby? The only reason to stay with him was the baby. Your father wouldn't have allowed you to keep that baby. Besides, you always told Sidharth to go away when he came to meet you.

She didn't have any answer for the question raised by her mind yet the feeling of betrayal didn't subside.

Leaning to the window pane, she got lost in her thought as the car drove towards their home.

Where was he?

....
....
....
....

A pair of shivering hands were holding a cute little teddy bear. Those hands belonged to none other than Sidharth who was staring intently at the little teddy bear. His eyes were filled with tears as he was reminded of the baby. A lifeless body of a baby, which churned his inside and gave him excruciating pain.

Flashback:

"Hold her legs, we have to pull the baby out using forceps.", The doctor commanded him to bring him out of his fear filled thoughts. He nodded his head and held Sana's legs in place while his eyes went wide to find a black patch which peeked out between her legs. After a few minutes of juggling and effort by the doctor and midwives, he saw a delicate and fragile little angel plopping out with the use of a forceps. Being born at 37 weeks, she was very tiny compared to normal babies. A small smile automatically appeared on Sidharth's lips as he instantly fell in love with the little angel.