33

Allison's Pov

"That's a strike!" She said as she bowed in front of me. I laughed before grabbing my bowling ball.

I suck. Terribly at bowling. Anna's tried helping me but I was so bad that she had to purposely gut it so I could get some points.

I rolled the heavy ball and watch it has it slid to the right straight into the gutter. I sighed pouting as I felt Anna behind me. She hugged me from behind wrapping her arms around my torso.

"I'm sure you'll get it..." she mumbled before coughing "never" she said and I rolled my eyes slapping her shoulder.

"Stop being so mean. I was never taught." I said and she looked at me.

"You bowled it into the other lane, and still gutted it." She said and I scoffed.

"Your so mean to me." I said fake pouting.

"Awh you love me. Can we go get some drinks and food? Im hungry." She said as she finished her bowling. She ended up winning obviously.

~~~

"So... how's your day..." Anna said out of awkwardness while waiting for our waiter.

I had gotten a paycheck on Sunday and I decided on a more decent restaurant.

"Besides being beat three times in bowling. I'm okay." I said as she looked at me before chuckling.

"Hi ladies. I'll be your waitress tod-... I- I'm sorry... Allie?" The waitress stumbled word after word.

I froze and recognized the voice. Oh god can we not today. I have been waiting so fucking patiently and I can't get a fucking day off! No no n-

"Allison?" I heard again as I looked up with who interrupted my thoughts.

"Hi Sarah..." I mumbled.

"Oh my god! Where have you been?!" She exclaimed as I looked at Anna.

"I didn't see you since the whole thing happened in senior ye-" I cut her off with laughing loudly and nervously.

A lot of things happened senior year. Traumatic things. Things that would change a child's like mine's life.

"Oh and you are?" She asked facing Anna.

"Uhm, Anna? Anna shumate." She said as she shook hands.

"Me and Allie used to be lab partners for all of the science classes. If you know what I mean." She said winking.

Oh my god she's going to ruin my chances with Anna so bad. I covered my face as Anna looked at me. She stared at me for a hot second before bursting out laughing.

"Oh my god Allie! You did that?" She laughed hysterically as the waitress laughed too.

"Sarah! Get to work!!" Her boss yelled as she rolled her eyes.

"Anyways. What can I get you?" She asked before me and Anna gave her out orders.

"Alright lovelies. I'll be with you in a minute with drinks!" She said walking away.

Anna stared at me while I tried to look at my napkins folded nicely and wrapping the silver utensils.

"Soo... lab partners??" She said and I rolled my eyes when she started laughing again.

"Oh Cmon, I'm teasing you. Ugh could you believe I was known for fully straightness in highschool. Could never get over myself for that." She said in disgust as she played with her unwrapped napkin.

"What happened in highschool?" She asked as I was saved by Sarah bringing our food.

I smiled at my food. Rack of ribs. The love of my life and forever will be. If I could marry ribs I'd have a wing on my finger.

Anna was boring and got chicken tenders and some rice on the side just for a little different taste she said.

I was hoping she'd give up knowing what happened in highschool. Traumatic event for me and I tend for nobody to know anything about it.

"You ready to go?" Anna asked me as I looked at her.

"Mhm. Can we stop by my shop. I need to pick up a few things than grab Alex from school." I said and she nodded getting in the car.

When we both entered my shop I saw everyone on break. I could see Anna eying a girl, but when I looked over I saw the girl leaving.

I grabbed my stuff if what I needed and even grabbing some candy on my way out.

"What was that?" I asked as we got in the car.

"Nothing just learning who you work with." She said backing the car out and driving away to Alex's school.

When we arrived we saw Alex talking to a girl. I didn't want to embarrass her so I just waited till she was done.

After they were talking Alex left a kiss on the other girls lip and my jaw dropped. When she started walking she was looking for my car.

I rolled down my window and she looked at me shocked as we were in Anna's car. She was speechless when she got in the car knowing I'm never gonna let this pass.

"Soooo... who's the girl." I said as she grumbled.

"She's no one." She mumbled.

"Right... so the kiss was just what friends do?" I asked snickering.

"Oh right and sex is what friends do as well?" She said and I froze when Anna looked over.

I sunk into the seat as I sighed my defeat.

"We're gonna talk about this later though." I grumbled as Anna took us home.