40

ANNA'S POV

"Ah... Alexandra Warner is back again." We heard seeing a doctor. Who I assumes know Alex and Allison

"You know you and your family have a big pride coming here every other week." He said as Alex stood up.

"Hi... Uncle James.." Alex mumbled as she looked at the ground.

"What happened this time." He asked.

"Mama. She went too far. I know Allie promised she'd call you if it ever happened again. But—" he shook his head.

"It's hard for her to do that. Don't be mad at her for that." He said and she nodded.

"How is she?" He asked.

"We don't know... Doctor Finn hasn't came back out yet." She said and he nodded before looking at me.

"I suppose your Allison's friend?" He asked me and I looked up.

"I'm James. It's kinda difficult family for us." He said holding out his hand. I shook it firmly and he smiled.

"I figured..." I mumbled.

"Well. Shall I take you guys to her? I am a visitor as well." He said taking his coat off.

"Your off shifts?" Alex asked as I trailed behind them.

"Alex... she's my daughter. I'm her emergency call list." He said and I looked up as they both stopped looking at me.

"I-... uhm." I was shocked.

"She doesn't know.. and no, we don't do incest here. My sister who is Alex's mother took her in when I couldn't." He said sighing.

"I was fucking around during med school... got a girl pregnant. I didn't know until she left Allison on my doorstep." He said scratching the back of my neck.

"But wait... Your mom said she wish she would have gotten her aborted." I asked Alex.

"The girl I got her pregnant with... was my sisters best-friend. Shannon which is Alex's mom... told her to abort it when she found out it was my baby." He said.

"I know. It's confusing. I was diagnosed with so many mental disorders. My sister hated me for getting my parents attention. After she moved out and found out I was sleeping with her bestfriend she cut contact." He said.

"I told her she could take half the money. And I would pay for support if she took her in." He said stopping at who I think was Allison's room.

"She took her in but cut contact. Years later she contacted me and told me that she had inherited disorders from me. Mainly schizophrenia, and social anxiety." He held the door for us. We were in the ICU and a big window that showed Allison laying in the bed.

"When Allison first met me. Me and Shannon agreed to keep the term Uncle. I didn't know Allison was being treated this way until Alex told me after she witnessed it." He kept talking. I just listened as I was looking at how many wrapped bandages Allie had.

"Which was... Allie's Sophmore year." Alex said as she stood beside me.

"Look she doesn't know I'm her father. And I'm wanting to tell her. I just don't know how. Do you know how cruel it is to pass horrible traits down to a child who you couldn't even take care of." He trembled in his voice.

"You know Anna here was going to ask her out." Alex said and I looked at her.

"Please... just look out for her..." he said sitting down.

"Well Hi. Tobin. I assume you're the father." He said and he gulped sadly nodding.

"She lost a major amount of blood. We induced her into a coma... the ER people tell us that she was hallucinating and saying unrecognizable conversation lines." He said as he walked in and closing the door.

"They want to put her in a mental facility." He said clicking his pen and writing things down before sitting across from James.

"For fuck sakes. My mother needs to be put in a mental hospital. For all I care take her! I don't want her." Alex said as I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Shannon." James mumbled as the doctor nodded.

"When she wakes up the police wants to talk to her... including. Custody..." he said as he veered over to Alex.

"I overheard... the police. If they were to arrest your mother and send her off. You'd need custody until you're 18." Alex looked at me and then at James.

"That's all I really heard. But Allison here still can take your custody. But due to the conversation we heard her say. During her undergo through a conscious state. It's your choice." He said and and I could tell Alex was uncomfortable.

"I don't know if it's true. I was just letting you know what I heard." He said taking Alex's hand.

"Everything is going to be okay. Allison will be fine. She's going to be okay." He said and she nodded as I heard her starting to sob.

"As for usually. The father we'd like to take your blood. It's usually common for a pure relative to give blood in case of emergencies." He said and James nodded.

"Once we take her out of the ICU you guys can stay in her room. As for now. James you'll need to take them out." Doctor Finn said before leaving.

"Alexandra..." James whispered as she collapsed in his arms sobbing at him.

The things this family goes through...