𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝘛𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

When she had been a kid she had promised herself to never end up this way. She had stared cruelty right in the eyes and promised to never succumb to it.  Was she becoming someone she had always hated? Sakura didn't have answers to the guilt and emotions she felt. All she could think about was her home burning and her family dying. 

Kuryu had destroyed everything.

They should've been cautious, they should have done something.

A scream filled with anguish and pain leapt out of her throat as she watched the sizzling dead bodies inside Club Heaven.

Burned Alive. 

She could smell the burning flesh in the air, in a moments time everything had went to hell. The lack of Cobra's presence and war with Kuryu right on their turf, SWORD was on the verge of destruction. Sakura watched her home up in flames, knees sinking to the soot covered floor as the tears leaked out of her eyes in anguish.

Her heart was physically constricting against her ribcage, she felt as if another glance towards the dead bodies would cause her a heart attack.

My home. My family.

The screams didn't stop, she wailed and wailed till her throat went dry, her body gave up and her screams turned into a silent agony, she clutched her heart as she sobbed her heart out on the blood and ash covered floor.

"Sakura." She knew Ren had been there the whole time, he had watched over her aching form the whole time not uttering a word until he realised she had finally let it all out. His cold palm made contact with her shoulder, a soothing feeling hitting her warmed up body, waking her up from her suffering, getting her mind back on track and working again. Kuryu would pay for what they have done. 

They will pay with their blood.

The same silent buzzing returned to her head from the container war, the same bloodthirst as the one she had felt then settled in her bones as her fists clenched and she stood back up on her feet. She wanted to watch them all die, suffer and have their bloods on her hand. There would only be satisfaction when she would see their painful eyes staring at her form as they begged for death yet she would leave them suffering not granting them that relief.

She would bury Kuryu alive.

"We'll kill them." She stood up, her face emotionless as she stared determinedly at Ren who's face twisted in wicked grin in agreement, he held out her cane for her, which she grasped onto tightly.

"Nameless city, from my information that's where Kuryu will attack next." Sakura didn't dwell on his words much, not asking where he was getting all this information from or how he seemed to be greatly familiar with the yakuza running around SWORD district currently. If she had she would've found out about the hidden depths of just who Ren Daisuke was.

She wordlessly walked out, Ren's smile fell as his hands reached for his phone, the familiar number displaying on the screen as his thumb hovered over the text sitting in his drafts, with a sign of defeat he hit sent before staring at his phone a moment longer.

Genji Takiya 

Thanks for the
information on
Kuryu, and not
joining the
alliance to
destroy SWORD.

Gumi was going to kill him when she got to know her faction member was busy conspiring with her brother, running a hand through his hair he walked out while pocketing his phone. Sakura was already seated on her bike as he took a seat beside her on his, both of them exchanging a nod of determination before driving away. 

Hours away Genji's phone chimed as he sat infront of the leader of Kuryu. A grin making its way to his face as he turned to the old man, already knowing his doomsday was near.

..................

They reached nameless city too late, Cobra, Amamiya siblings, Kei and Kohaku were already there, hovering over the dead body of Smoky. Kuryu had once again left destruction and death in it's wake.

Their attention was caught by the noise of the duo's bike, Akarai rushing forward to envelope Sakura in a hug as soon as she spotted her. Their footsteps had been rushed as they met midway and snaked their arms around each other, Akarai's head came to rest on her shoulder as she breathed a sigh of relief, both of them uttering the same words simultaneously,  "I thought you were dead."

Akarai choked back a sob at the sudden emotions clogging up her throat, after loosing Takeru her mind had conjured up nightmares of all her loved ones dying right infront of her eyes. She could still vividly reaccount the one with Sakura, the one where she lost her best friend, having Sakura in her arms again brought relief.

They broke apart reluctantly, their eyes drifting to the front where Rude boys stood either crying or cursing, Sakura's eyes drifted to Kei and Cobra, the former of which looked beyond dazed with her hand having a vice like grip on Cobra beside her, as if one second away from him, he'll be taken away.

They proceeded to bury Smoky, Sakura standing beside his sister the entire time. She didn't even know her name, yet the loss of loosing a brother was something Sakura couldn't even get herself to imagine, she wanted to be there for her, to provide some form of comfort that she knew the girl needed right now in this fucked up situation. Her hands held her bruised one, she watched Smoky's sister cry beside her, her mind thinking back to her own brother and negative thoughts filling up her mind, she hadn't seen him ever since he had rushed out to find Cobra.

He's alive, He's fine.

She reassured herself in her and let the crying girl use her shoulder for comfort.

Rocky is fine.

"Cobra," Sakura's ears tuned in to the conversation happening behind her, Kohaku moving forward to address the leader of Sannoh, "Taking out Kuryu won't change a thing."

It won't. In the end another person would just replace them, but the damage Kuryu had caused them wasn't something they could walk off without paying for.  So many innocents, so many people all killed because of their selfish greeds, how could they just let them go? how could they not make them pay for what they had caused?

"I know that," I t was first time Sakura had ever seen the strong and hard willed leader of Sannoh Rengokai ever have a breakdown infront of her, Cobra looked his age, just a 19 year old boy who was fighting a man's war, a boy who just wanted to protect his loved ones, "I know but, what else can we do? Fighting with our fists won't solve anything. Kohaku-san, How can we destroy Kuryu?"

They stood in silence, their own fears echoing in their heads at Cobra's statement. Kuryu was close to undefeatable, an obstacle that they could never jump over. With their numbers shortened and their wills and determination diminishing, Kuryu was a fight they couldn't hold up to.

But then Sakura's eyes swept over the area, the scattered number of people with nothing but loss in their hearts and a hope for justice on their mind. And when her eyes connected those with Cobra's, she knew the only way to defeat Kuryu was Together.