ONE.

"ring around the rosie's! pocket full of poises!" el sang childishly, twirling in circles down the halls of the dark and rusty house, two knifes in her hand as she laughed loudly.

"no! NO!"

the cries grew louder as she entered the room, giggling and jumping when she saw the man chained up in the air against the wall.

"BLAZE!" el screamed at the top of her lungs. "WHERE ARE MY PRETYY KNIFES!?"

"NO! NO PLEASE!" the man chained up screamed as el stomped over to him, her heels loud against the wood ground.

"shh! shh!" she shushed him, her hands over her ears. "YOU'RE EVIL! YOU ARE EVIL! YOU MAKE ME HURT!"

"I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!"

"EVIL!" she screamed, raising her hand and stabbing the knife into his liver. "THE EVIL CONSUMES YOU!" she continued to stab him repeatedly, dragging the knife down as he screamed loudly in pain.

"PLEASE! PLEASE STOP! I BEG OF YOU, I WILL DO ANYTHING!"

"IM CLEANING THE WORLD!" she giggled happily and gently cupped his face, caressing his cheek with more giggles escaping.

when she heard footsteps, she turned her head and smirked at the sight. "uhoh, they're here to help me kill the evil," she whispered, grabbing his face tighter as he screamed in pain.

blaze walked up to her as dante tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

"dante..." she murmured as he smiled sweetly and handed her a new knife. "calm, devil,"

"I AM NO DEVIL! I REMOVE THE EVILS!"

he chuckled quietly and nodded slowly as she pouted weakly. "there's something wrong, dante..." she looked around. "i don't... something is wrong,"

"nothing is wrong," dante told her. "we'll talk about it later,"

she nodded slowly and turned back smiling as she continued to sing. "ashes, ashes, we all fall... down," she stabbed the knife right into his eye without flinching.

pulling back with blood drenched, she turned to dante. "i feel..." she blinked, looking at blaze. "he's real, this is real. he's real,"

dante only nodded and el dropped the knife from her hand before storming out of the room.

"XAVIER! DAMIEN!" she shouted and they appeared instantly. "clean up?" they asked and she nodded, walking downstairs, her black lace dress trailing down the wooden steps as she walked.

"why do people stare?" el whispered, blinking to herself as she bit on the ends of her her pigtail.

she looked down at her outfit and then turned to xavier.

"you look like a doll, honey,"

"that should make me pretty then! not scary!" she exclaimed as dante turned her head and wiped a splat of flood off her cheek.

"you're not scary. you're misunderstood, piccolo," he caressed her cheek as she frowned.

he was a few years older and el always enjoyed his company.

she had no one in her life but she had him.

and she was certain he was real.

she was certain she was her big brother who supported her regardless.

"they don't understand the evils of the world that i'm getting rid of," she whispered, stomping down the path of the road. "EVIL! EVIL! ALL IS EVIL!" she went up to a tree, pulling out her knife from her garter belt as she stabbed it repeatedly.