FIFTEEN.

"i'm okay, banana, i'm okay," el gave the rottweiler a belly rub and a kiss on the nose. "i didn't cry. i'm strong!"

banana hopped off the bed and circled around the bed with her tail wagging as el stood. "sleepy? you can go back to sleep, baby,"

at that, banana plopped down on the ground and el let out a small giggle. "what a funny puppy. you can sleep in here, my little banana. just bark at dante,"

she barked softly and el shook her head as banana's head tilted in confusion before trying again.

el giggled and bent to kiss her the biggest kiss. "you are adorable... just be you. you don't have to do anything," el tapped her nose and banana licked her finger.

with a smile, el stood "i'm going out to buy a sandwich," she said as she exited her room, searching for dante. "can i?"

he nodded and handed her the clean knife. "of course. be careful, okay?"

she nodded. "i will," she strapped the knife to herself and tapped dante on the nose. "love you," she smiled from ear to ear and he went to open the door for her. "be safe. i'm serious. call if anything happens,"

she saluted at him. "i promise! i'll call,"

he gently stroked her hair and nodded. "got money? i can give you—" he was about to move but she shook her head and stopped him. "i'm okay,"

she squished his cheeks tightly. "don't miss me too much, brother dante!"

he tried to hold back his grin. "i won't," he watched as she put on her shoes by herself and wave frantically at the dogs laid on the ground. "i love you!" she skipped to the elevators and he waved at her till she turned the corner, her doing the same.

once she reached the downstairs lobby, she peeked her eyes into the mailbox with a giggle before walking out with a wide smile.

"mike!" she exclaimed happily when she saw him standing there, leaning by the wall with one feet over the other.

she skipped over to him and he straightened up, holding out something to her.

her brows furrowed and she accepted it before giggling at the little package. "aww, you're asking for my hand in marriage? that is so cute!"

"please don't do that," he shook his head and she leaned forward and giggled. "i'm just teasing, baby boo. what is it?" she pulled out the brown box and then opened it to see three metal pins.

"an apology gift if i hurt you last time. that's for the three pups though since i didn't know what to get you,"

her eyes widened and she let out a squeal. "so cute!" she jumped up and down and then gave him a giant hug. "i wasn't mad. i don't think i was... was i even mad?" she tilted her head in confusion before shrugging. "i don't remember being mad. but i like your gift so thank you!"

she put it away and continued to jump and down. "i was gonna get a sandwich. go with me? i can't believe you found me, normally i find you!"

"yes, that's right,"

she calmed down and smiled softly before reaching out to his face. "i missed you," she murmured. "i hope you missed me too!" she grabbed onto his hand and dragged him along roughly.

"ow, not so rough," he muttered and she instantly let go with a concerned look. "oh, i'm sorry."

she turned to face him properly. "go with me?"

"i'm walking, el. yes, i'll go with you,"

her eyes lit up, head tipped up and her entire face brightened happily. "okay... okay," she whispered and nodded to herself before she continued to walk.