TWELVE.

"mike," she smiled widely, skipping over to him as he laid on his bed, his empty food tray on the table.

she shut the door with a kick and jumped on the bed, laying on her stomach as she kicked her legs back and forth happily. "missed me?"

he looked down, putting a hand on her head before stroking her hair gently. "i did, little devil. how have you been today?"

she groaned, rolling over before placing the back of her hand to her forehead. "ugh! the worst!" she bursted angrily with a cute huff. "they weighed me! then they gave me some stupid medicine!" she gagged and turned back to face him. "they're trying to make my friends go away!"

"darling, your puppies and sunshine kittens aren't real," he cupped her cheeks and smiled gently. "but i am,"

she huffed, slamming a fist down to his mattress. "they're real! the puppies and kittens were born outside! i see them during play time walks! they're just shy!"

"okay, little devil," he murmured, gently caressing her skin with a smile. "they're as real as i am," he tapped her nose and leaned forward to kiss her. "come, move closer,"

she crawled upwards and hugged him tightly with a pout as he kissed her forehead, caressing her back. "sad?"

she nodded twice, trying to bury as close as possible. "yes. so very sad. the evils are so loud, mike. they won't stop. i cant make them stop,"

he leaned down, gently caressing her face and her eyes closed in ease. "don't listen to them, el. listen to me,"

she shook her head. "i can't," her voice trembled and she bit down on her lip before lifting her head up a bit. "i just wanna leave this place..."

"we can't and you know that. they see us as criminals, el," he murmured, placing his forehead to hers. "sucks, doesn't it?"

she nodded and reached her hand up to place it over his cheek with a weak smile.

"besides, you really wanna leave here? you get to come over everyday," he smirked and one made it to el's lips too. "the place we met, right?"

he chuckled and nodded, the memory appearing in his mind as he placed his hands on her hips, pulling her up till she straddled him before he leaned in to capture her lips. "the place we met..." he whispered by her lips as her hands buried in his hair, eyes closing as she let herself drown in the moment.

"hm, i love you," he whispered and she instantly brightened, eyes twinkling. "i love you too," she tapped his nose twice before leaning her chin down to his shoulder to hug him.

the door barged open with a bang and a guard shouted at them. "hey! get off! time for checkup,"

el, without turning, raised her hand and gave the guard the middle finger with a grin, giving mike one last kiss. "see you later, alligator!" she grabbed his cheeks and squished him. "gotta run!"

"careful, devil," he whispered with a little mischievous grin when she almost fell jumping off the bed.

she turned, shushing him. "shh! i'm always careful!" she laughed loudly before skipping out of the room, making a face at the guard on the way.

"see you later, my little devil," he called after her as she turned and she instantly rushed back to peek her head in.

"see you!" she exclaimed happily and he couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked in her hospital gown and socks.

el stared down at the sleeping pup in her arms, gently cradling jello as she kissed her on the nose.