THIRTY-ONE.

"i dunno, dante... i... do i look okay? are you sure?" el asked nervously. rubbing her thigh to calm herself as dante smile at her through the vanity mirror.

he finished off her second braid, grabbing the other one he did before tying it behind her head. "you serious? look at these braids i did,"

she smiled widely. "they're nice..."

"it better. with the practice i had and it still won't look good, i'd be a disappointment," he grabbed a brush and brushed through her wavy hair lightly.

a giggle escaped her and he set down the brush before putting a few clips in her hair to finish the look. "what do you think?"

"pretty. very pretty," she whispered and turned back to meet his gaze. "thank you, dante. i love it,"

he kissed her forehead. "is that mike going to be here soon?"

she nodded and stood up, trying to find her shoes. "i'm going to be okay. i'll call if anything happens, i promise," she walked up to him and hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"loveyou," she slurred against him and he chuckled, hugging her back before rubbing her back. "i know. make sure you take your meds first,"

"will do..." she muttered before looking up at him. "thank you for doing my hair and picking out my outfit." she whispered before continuing. "i'm sure... i'm sure that..." she stopped before tears escaped and he nodded.

"i know, el. i know," he assured her and that made her beam. "good."

he looked at the choice of shoes and then pulled back a bit. "you sure you can wear heels?"

"yup!" she said confidently and slipped her feet into the strappy black heels before standing up to give him a twirl. "pretty?"

"very," he pulled out his phone and pointed to the full length mirror. "picture,"

"why?" her gaze narrowed. "you always do this," she huffed. "how did ale deal with you?"

"she didn't. she hates this too but i'm proud," he snapped a few pics with the proudest smile on his face. "and i gotta document that hair i did."

that made her giggle. "it is very pretty," she posed and smiled before he set down the phone.

she brushed her hands down her black dress, smiling at the new dress she bought just for this occasion.

[ el's dress ]

[ el's dress ]

"i'll walk you down," he held out his arm and she linked their arms before giving a nod.

right as they walked down the last steps, the doorbell rang and el's feet hurried to answer.

"mike!" she exclaimed happily as he grinned behind the bouquet he had. "hi, little devil. ready for our date?"