TWENTY-EIGHT.

"why should i care? i'm just there to kill. they're not even the actual police, dante."

el crossed her arms with a giant huff as dante kept pushing banana away from his files. "we still need to lure them in, el. they might not be the actual police but they can at least get you sent back into that insane asylum. they work with people who can get you arrested, piccolo,"

she rolled her eye before scowling. "fine. just... tell me the plan so i can stab them quicker! they're so evil, they reek!"

"i know,"

"stinky stinky,"

"all we gotta do is get them to the house,"

"but they don't know about the house,"

"mike can tell them,"

she frowned. "but he's with his family,"

he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "i'm sure he can manage a text. he's been lying for all this time, i'm sure this won't be a challenge,"

"don't be mean,"

"i'm just saying the truth,"

"what if there's loads of them? like an organisation,"

"i've done my research, el. this isn't mission impossible or something where there's loads of them,"

"okay,"

dante stood, gently cupping her cheeks before smiling. "you don't need to worry about a thing. i've got you,"

reassurance filled her body and she gave a solid nod. "yes,"

he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "i want to talk to you about something though,"

her head tilted. "yes? is it mike? me? ale? hop?"

"it's about us. us and all this... evil stuff." he gently went to hold her hand. "look, after all this, i think it might be time for us to stop.... we've done this for a long time, el. but we are never ever going to remove all evil from the face of the earth. lately... i think we've been getting too close to getting caught. i'm not saying we should stop like everything but just... not as open?"

"what the fuck does not as open mean," she glared.

"like killing someone you see on the street because they treat their woman wrong. we can focus on more evils like the sex traffickers,"

she blinked slowly. "we have been... it's been a lot lately..."

"they're going to be after us. even after we kill them all. they have their connections, el. we just need to have a system in the future. no loose ties,"

she grumbled something under her breath. "fine," she stomped a feet. "i understand... we will never ever perish them all,"

"that's why we pick and choose,"

she gave a small nod. "i understand." she whispered and opened her arms to hug him. "i wanna go to bed now,"

"i'll walk you,"

she nodded, straightening herself before she clutched onto his hand, swaying it as they headed for her room.

"no more boo-boo on the bed either. he shits one more time—"

"he won't! last time was an accident! he wasn't feeling well,"

he frowned, giving in with her puppy eyes and pout and sighed. "you'll clean it next time,"

she smiled from ear to ear with a giggle, knowing that would never happen and then nodded. "i will," she checked under the bed and pulled boo-boo out before throwing him on the bed.