TWENTY.

tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, el gently petted jello on the head. "oh my love... what did we ever do to deserve this?"

a whimper escaped the rottweiler before snuggling back into el's lap. "baby, i have to go soon, your snuggles might back me stay back with you! we can't have that, the demons must be punished, boop boop," she gently tapped the puppy on the nose with a small laugh.

el stood up and walked to her closet, pulling out a very short black mini skirt and also a matching long sleeve top.

she made sure to wear tights to somewhat cover the cuts and scars on her thighs.

"dante!" she shouted and stomped a feet on the ground with a huff. "dante! dante! i cant find my dolly knife! where is my purple one!? DANTE!"

he didn't rush to walk into her room but he smiled when he did so. "piccolo, calm down. it's outside." he told her gently. "i cleaned it for you, okay? why don't you take the red—"

"NO! THAT'S TOO SMALL!" she shouted, her face forming a frown. "i want the better one... please..."

he smiled and cupped her cheeks when her eyes softened. "i said please. i... i'm a good dolly..." her voice quivered and shook but he shook his head.

"i know, i know... you've been so helpful... she would have loved you so much, okay?" his voice cracked but he then shook it off. "come here," he opened his arms and hugged her tightly. "i love you, el... so much."

she nodded against his chest. "i wish i met her... she deserved so much more. they deserved to die, not her," she whispered as her head shook. "he needs to pay, dante. they all do! THEY ARE EVIL! THEY MUST BE PERISHED WITH MY GREY KNIFE!"

he let out a small chuckle before gently rubbing her back. "i know..." he pulled back a bit and smiled gently at her. "don't worry, she knows. she's in peace."

that made her smile warmly. "i can feel it. she is a good dolly. the best. don't be sad, dante, she is protected now," el gently squished his cheeks. "now come on! we have to go avenge!"

he grinned at how excited she was becoming. "yes yes. run along now, let's head out soon,"

a giggle escaped her and she skipped out of her room with excited squeals.

and he couldn't help but smile at how happy she was.

el laughed behind her hands, hiding behind the door as she watched the man run around the dim and broken house, trying to find a way out within the given time.

when her laugh escaped, her eyes widened and she instantly turned to damien. "oh no!"

he instantly covered her mouth with a cheeky smile. "shh... we need to watch him fail!"

her eyes grew even larger. "right!"

he snickered before chuckling and pulled her into him for a hug, though they were squatting down.

looking up and out, she saw dante walk out of the room across the hall before entering hers, grinning down at her before squatting to her height.

"hey, piccolo. it's time," he softly smiled as she frowned a little, covering her ears with her hands.

he gently moved her hands. "he's lost... let's guide him, yes?"

that made her eyes twinkle. "yes..." she leaned into his shoulder before whispering. "feel sick..." she turned her head a little and looked at damien. "maybe you gave me the flu,"

"i was never sick!"

she shrugged weakly as dante gently rubbed her back. "let's finish up and go home then." he held onto her hands as he stood to help her up and she stumbled a little from how fast they stood.