TWENTY-FOUR.

"I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!" el screamed, covering her ears with two pillows as dante remained calm, leaning back against the side of her desk in her room.

he set aside the files. "you have to,"

tears filled her eyes. "no,"

"fight it, el. listen to me. you have to hear this," he said sternly and her eyes slowly trailed up before she removed the pillows. "don't say it..."

his head shook and he slowly walked towards her, sitting down by the bed as she instantly leaned into his chest with a sob.

"we knew about this, el. we talked about it—"

"that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt!" she exclaimed with a sob that sounded like a scream. "it hurts so much, just because i knew, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt!"

"i know, piccolo. i know, little one," his own voice broke as he ran a hand through her hair. "i'm sorry about this. i am..."

she sighed loudly and closed her eyes as she let out a frustrated groan. "i hate my life so fucking much,"

"piccolo, we can—"

"no, we have to—"

"i'm suggesting to start it,"

her eyes snapped open and she tried to sit up straight. "now?"

"tomorrow."

her blinking was slow. "but... but maybe he is—"

he cupped her face. "el. think. this can't be! please... please... i know that you love him. i know that... i'm so sorry, el—"

"it's not your fault," her head shook. "it's... it's not ours. they've done us wrong... we..." her eyes widened fiercely. "we must do this. it... i'll just hurt after,"

"no, el, you don't have to hurt yourself. i'm here," he whispered, a small tear rolling down his cheek.

she blinked away her tears. "i don't regret anything...i'm happy we started doing all this," she whispered. "to take revenge,"

his gaze sharpened. "with the last one gone, i wish ale can rest in peace,"

"the evils won't rest. they never shall rest. not even when dead,"

he reached for her hand and her breath shuddered. "i think i may be crazy to think... to think that everything that has led here... makes sense. me going crazy... me escaping... trying to replace mike when i thought he died... being the biggest fool when i thought he loved me... i was the biggest fool, wasn't i?"

his head shook. "el—"

"silly silly dolly. silly dolly," she began to whisper over and over again to herself. "no one for the dolly... dolly thought it was normal. dolly thought his friends were supposed to join in that night. dolly believed him. dolly laid there from midnight till dawn. silly old dolly... dolly invited them to come play. skinned then... showed them... buried them myself... dolly isn't silly now,"

he began to hold her close, feeling her shake in his hold as she whispered over and over again to herself.

she blinked tiredly. "i'm not a little dolly anymore... you're not a little dolly either... they have all been killed. they all end... but i never knew he was a bad dolly too..."

"i avenge. evils burn. a good dolly burns the evil to the ground,"

she nodded to herself repeatedly. "it ends tomorrow,"

sitting on the cold tile floor of the foyer, el gently cradled boo-boo in her arms as she petted espresso softly whilst the other two circled her sadly with whimpers, noticing el's mood.