EIGHT.

it's been a week and el has slowly healed.

a deal was made with dante so he would fight for her to leave the hospital after a night of observation.

the deal was she had to eat 3 meals per day but due to her weight, everything had to be slow and gradual.

as she bit down on a banana, she spied on mike from afar but didn't catch up to him today.

he deserved to be alone. she knew he wanted nothing to do with her.

she knew she was a burden to him.

she just couldn't help but watch him. she missed him so goddamn much that it hurt.

it hurt even more when he didn't even remember her!

how they met, how they understood each other, how they went to bed together and how the woke up being pulled from each other because of how they were supposed to be in separate rooms the night before.

he had forgotten it all.

she looked down at her phone, seeing dante's texts but she ignored them and looked back at mike.

but he was gone.

she looked around frantically, fear bubbling as she sat up straight. where did he go!?

she looked around, even turning her body as she did so but suddenly, he was in front of her, staring down with a furrowed brow. "looking for me?"

she yelped, turning, her mouth full of mushed banana. "no!"

he chuckled at her caught expression, how she was swallowing quickly in embarrassment.

he couldn't believe she was embarrassed.

"you weren't looking for me? then why are you here suddenly?"

she blinked, searching her mind for an excuse. "um... uh," she murmured to herself. "t'was gonna go get some tacos," she pointed ahead but it was a pretzel store instead.

he followed her pointer finger before a laugh escaped "funny," he turned back to face her. "i haven't seen you in a few days... thought you died on me,"

she gazed towards the ground. "it's not like you missed me anyways..."

"i didn't," he sat down next to her. "you're annoying," he told her and then his gaze narrowed. "and an insane little devil," he whispered as she looked up, brown eyes wide and doe in confusion.

"then why are you sitting? i kept my distance today because i'm a good good good dolly," she played with the ends of her two braids, biting down.

"you're a scary dolly. look at your makeup. you're like annabelle,"

she gasped loudly and then she morphed into a smile with a giggle. "awe! i love annabelle! she's so adorable!" she hugged herself tightly and swayed frantically, nuzzling her head into her arms.

he looked at her weirdly and she lifted her head up with another gasp. "let me take you somewhere!"

"take me somewhere? will you stab me from behind?"

she sunk down into her seat with a pout. "no, i would never!"

he let out a sigh at her expression, nodding his head at a certain direction. "is it close?"

she nodded instantly, eyes wide and filled with excitement. "yes, yes!"

rolling his eyes, he let out a breath as he shook his head. "fine. you seem more normal than usual,"

she jumped up to her feet with an exciting squeal and then cheered. bending, she took ahold of his hands and dragged him with her, gasping and letting go when she realised.