TWENTY-FIVE.

el walked into dante's office, sitting down by his table as he looked up from his documents. "you didn't tell me you were coming,"

"there wasn't a need. can i follow him?"

his head shook. "it's too dangerous, el. they're going to be watching!" he stood up and her head tipped up to continue their connected gaze.

she sunk down, eyes moving to stare out the window as she gulped. "i lost everything,"

"you haven't," he gently caressed her hand. "you have me,"

"but what do we have, dante? soon, we will lose everything. everything we've built. we've worked for... maybe we should kill them all. end it,"

he instantly walked closer, towering over her. "no. we will not rattle them. el, listen to me, we have a plan. we can do this!"

her eyes shut and she covered her ears. "i'm in too deep. i fucked up. i'm sorry, i should've listened. i shouldn't have taken advantage of our last moments. i'm sorry—"

"piccolo," he removed her hands from her ears. "you deserve the world, okay? i don't blame you. you love him, i know. we all have feelings and emotions," he told her gently. "it's his fault, el. all his,"

"but... he was also lied to, dante. wasn't he?"

"he betrayed you either way," he sat her down in his seat. "his whole motive to come near you was to gather evidence to arrest you, el! he lied all along!"

she blinked slowly, tears falling. "he lied... never loved me. he has forgotten... he isn't my mike anymore,"

"listen to me, el. we have a plan. don't rush," he murmured. "we got this. i'll be here,"

"i don't want to kill him though..."

dante nodded slowly. "i know," he gave her the tightest hug, pressing a kiss on the top of her head. "i love you so much, el."

"i love you too,"

mike slammed down his gun on wooden table, the weapon sliding down the middle as he leaned over the head of the table. "what the fuck," he didn't know if he was more angry at how long it took for him to be allowed to see him or how he was about to learn the truth. 

the man in the dark tipped his head up for the small light to shine on his face. "yes?" he had a taunting smile. "is it done, mike?"

"no. nothing is done," he snapped. "i didn't get into a car accident," he stated and the man raised a brow at his assumption.

"so you better tell me what the fuck is going on or else i'm leaving,"

"oh, mike. leave? for the girl? the criminal?"

"she's more than a criminal,"

the man let out an evil laugh. "more than a criminal? a kill count of 8,694 in the last 5 years? do you even know how much that is? a small town population!"

mike remained unmoving. "tell me what you're hiding from me now, liam."

standing up, liam smoked his cigar and blew out the smoke before setting it inbetween his fingers to speak. "your accident wasn't a car accident. the insane asylum your parents admitted you into went too hard with the shocks. fried your brain. you almost didn't make it. after that, the little girlfriend of yours escaped and managed to kill four nurses, three doctors as she did so."

mike blinked slowly and absorbed the information. everything he knew was a lie.

"so we worked with the mental hospital, got you to join us and to arrest her. someone who has been able to be off the radar, no thank you to that man that helps her,"