TWO.

"ashes.. ashes... we all fall down.." el sang quietly to herself as she gently trailed the knife over her thigh, drawing blood instantly from how much she sharpened the knife.

she played tic tac toe and dots and boxes over her thighs, wiping away the blood that never stopped flowing.

"twinkle, twinkle, little star..." she whispered to herself, tears slowly streaming down her cheek before landing down on her thigh. 

"el," damien appeared behind her, touching her shoulder as she turned back and looked at him from her position on the floor. "uh-oh, you caught me," she smiled weakly.

he sat down next to her and took the knife from her, wiping the knife clean with his shirt before setting it aside. "want me to clean it for you?"

she shook her head, playing with the ends of her hair. "pain makes you stronger,"

"you're strong enough,"

she shrugged weakly and stood, only a black satin slip dress on as the blood streamed down her legs like a beautiful wine stain.

"i'm tired, go to bed," she told him, sitting down on the edge of the bed as she grabbed some tissues and tried to dab away the blood.

"el, we should fix that up. you'll—"

"shh," she placed a finger to her lips. "do you hear that?"

he looked around and she smiled. "devils are calling, the evil is back. is it the blood they seek?"

"they seek revenge,"

"no," her gaze narrowed. "that's my job," she huffed and climbed into bed. "what's hell like?"

"i'd never know,"

"should i find out?"

"we won't let you,"

she smiled over at him and watched as he exited the room. "don't run away again tonight," he pointed a finger at her.

"psh, you'll never know," she rolled her eyes at him and waved at him by the fingers. "never ever,"

"dante will find out,"

"but he won't find me,"

his eyes rolled and he shook his head. "he always does. he just lets you be alone till you come home,"

she blinked tiredly. "this isn't home. i don't have a home," she turned away to face the other way. "shut the door,"

he nodded silently and followed her instructions, closing the door as silently as possible to not bother her.

el dragged an axe behind her, her face painted white, eye makeup dark as blood leaked from her head. "don't run, little child, there's nothing to hide from," she whispered, walking into the maze she made in the backyard of the dark rusty house she owned.

"hush, little child. hush... devils await. evils shall be dismissed," she giggled loudly to herself as she threw her head back.

"uh-oh! dolly dress is falling!" she exclaimed and tied the straps of her dress again before continuing.

turning a corner, she smirked. "gotcha,"

the man cried against the dead-end, clawing at the grass wall as el slowly walked and dragged the axe against the wall. "shh, shh," she shushed him before letting out a scream.

"your cries annoy me!" she scolded him before storming up to him, grabbing him by the collar. "SHUSH!"

he gulped, whimpers escaping him, wounds and cuts all over his body as blood soaked his shirt.