TEN.

eyes wide, mind blank. she tilted her head, blinking as she watched the sight in the restaurant.

they were still friends?

she intertwined with her fingers, picking on her nails before looking down.

they were still friends...

she inhaled, wiping the corner of her eyes. it was her fault though... she left them.

she ran away. she escaped. without them.

looking down at her plate, she frowned and looked across the table. "damien,"

he looked up and smiled. "yes?"

"they're still friends."

he looked over his shoulder and shrugged. "i guess so. you regretting it?"

"just wondering how it'll be if i didn't escape. that's all," she whispered before standing, her food untouched. "we should go..." she looked around. "i wanna go back to dante—"

"el?"

she covered her ears, looking down as her eyes shut. "it's back, it's back. they're back. damien, they're back. it's evil— it's—" she cut herself off when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

she looked up in shock, turning to look over her shoulder slowly.

"hey el," dustin smiled and she smiled weakly. "hi,"

he grinned from ear to ear and hugged her tightly. "ITS BEEN SOOOOOO LONG!"

she took a second before hugging back. "yeah,"

"come to our table, ellie!" he smiled happily and dragged her over but she looked back. "but damien!"

"who?" he turned. "oh, your imaginary—"

"HE ISN'T IMAGINARY!" she stomped her feet and he let go of her. "sorry, el. he's real, i just couldn't see him. he can come along too!"

she instantly brightened up. "come on, damy!" she hopped on the spot and then followed dustin to the table.

"is el!" he exclaimed as they all looked up with smiles.

"hi el," max stood with a weak smile and el gasped, grabbing her cheeks before squishing. "you are smiley! happy maxy!?"

"i am happier." max murmured and then tapped el on the nose. "crazy, crazy. crazy el is back,"

"i've never left," el giggled and then turned. "you all look very very very different." she then gasped. "did you guys escape!?" she let go of max and cupped her own face. "ohmygod!"

turning back, she gasped again at damien. "hear that, damy!?"

he nodded at her with a smile and then el waved dramatically at will and lucas. "hihihi!"

"cant believe we're back together!" dustin pulled out a chair for el to sit before he sat down himself.

el pulled out the chair next to her for damien and then grinned. "we only miss one person!"

lucas, will and max pointed to damien's seat and el glared. "no, idiots. not my damy."

"mike?" they asked and el nodded proudly. "obvi! he is the one not here!" she sighed and rolled her eyes dramatically.

"we can see," lucas nodded. "but he's go—"

"NO HE ISN'T! HE JUST DOESN'T REMEMBER AND THATS OKAY BECAUSE HE WILL!" she bursted out angrily and slammed her hands down on the table.

"ellie, i think you should haven't had escaped," will said quietly and she frowned. "booooooo!"

he frowned back and she just giggled. "mikey will remember. he will," she said with full confidence. "he is..." her voice softened. "my mike,"