11: Now You Got Me

Karl Jacobs

--

"Karl?" Mr Mavric stares down at me, his hands on my shoulders. "Karl?"

"Hmph" I stare up at him and he sighs, holding out a hand to help me up. "What's going on?" I ask as I notice Sapnap and Lola are also crowding around me, everyone looking worried.

"You fainted" Sapnap rested his hand on my back. "Did you eat today?" he asks, looking into my eyes as I shake my head. 

"Alright, everyone back up" Mr Mavric says, shooing Sapnap away from me. My eyes follow Sapnap as he goes back to standing with Harmony. I'm then reminded of what happened. Seeing her in the sweater made me light-headed. "I'm going to take you to the nurse Karl".

Mr Mavric helps me stand up while everyone continues watching. I do my best to not look over at Sapnap, I look over at Lola instead. She gives me a small smile as Mr Mavric walks me away from the crowd. As we walk I notice that we're not even going in the direction of the nurses office, we're walking towards the school doors. We walk outside as the bell rings leaving us completely alone outside, we sit on the stairs in silence. I wait for him to say something to me. 

"You have an appointment tomorrow" he suddenly says. "Meet me at the park near your house at 5pm, i'll be driving you there. Your mum wanted to but you know she can't".

"Thank you" I mumble. He pats my back in a reassuring way. 

"So" he pauses. "Should I guess what happened in there?" I shake my head. "Well, i'm going to guess anyway. Nick?"

Just hearing his name done something to me. I suddenly let it all out again, I tell Mr Mavric all about Lola, I tell him about the argument my parents had yesterday, I tell him about the sweater Harmony is wearing. He just has a way with me, he knows how to make me open up. And he always listens. 

"Why don't you tell Lola that you're not interested?" He questions.

"I just feel like I can't" I shrug, not having a proper answer for him.

"You absolutely can. She can't force you into a relationship, or fake relationship. You have control over what you want to do, you shouldn't allow her to use you that way" he pauses and looks at me. "I think tomorrow is going to help you a lot, I want to be here for you in every way possible Karl, but you know they're still my students".

"I know" I sigh, looking down at the trail of ants.

"You can still talk to me, always. I gave you my phone number and address, I want you to use those if you need to. I'm more than happy to open my home to you if your parents are arguing" I nod my head knowing that i'll most likely never use either of them because I don't want to bother him.

The last bell of the day rings marking the end of school. Mr Mavric goes back inside and I make my way down to my car. As I open my door I get a message from Sapnap asking me to wait for him, so I do. I stand between our cars watching students walk out of the school doors. I see Lola walk out before Sapnap, she instantly spots me and rushes over. She pulls me into a hug again, her arms wrapped around my neck while mine wrap around her waist. I've never liked hugs, they still make me uncomfortable but if I close my eyes I let myself imagine it's Sapnap i'm hugging, then i'm suddenly okay with them. 

"Please tell me you're okay" she pulls away from me but leaves her hands to rest on my chest.

"I'm alright" I fake a smile. I look back up to the school doors to see Sapnap making his way over.

As he approaches us I step away from Lola, her hands dropping from my chest. I don't think to look back at her, my mind is focused on him.

"Karl" he huffs. "You scared the shit out of me" he holds up his hand and we share a high five. "We're going to get pizza now, just you and me, i'm not letting you say no".

"Nick" we both turn to Lola. "Karl and I were going to go painting this afternoon" she grabs my hand, his eyes fall to them. 

"Oh" he scratches the back of his neck. "Alright, um just text me when you're done. We could go for dinner?"

"Yea, I will" I nod my head smiling, trying to prove that i'd much rather go get pizza with him now. But I need time with Lola, I need to tell her how i'm really feeling.

--

I hold up my canvas to show Lola the painting I done of a sunset. She tells me it's amazing and shows me her painting of a forest, I tell her it's good. Like usual our hang out has been her talking about herself and Aaron, I haven't had the chance to mention how i'm feeling about our situation. But I know that now is my chance as we pack up. The sun is going down, if I get this over with quickly I can still go out with Sapnap tonight.

"So Lola" I say to grab her attention. "I was thinking about us earlier, and I- um- I don't think I want whatever is happening to be happening".

"What do you mean?" She frowns while looking over at me.

"I don't want to be in a fake relationship with you, I don't like lying" I say honestly. She looks back down at her stuff to continue packing up.

"I didn't think we were in a fake relationship" she mumbles so softly I almost don't hear her. 

"Well everyone thinks we're together and you haven't been correcting them" I pause. "Aren't we just friends?"

"It's not like you've been correcting anyone either" her body turns to face me, her eyebrows furrowed as she looks at me. "Do you really think we're just friends?"

"What else would we be?"

"I thought we were just seeing each other" she throws her hands up in frustration. "I got the feeling that you liked me, I thought we were just taking things slow. You never told me otherwise"

What?

"Why would you think that?" I drop the paints in my hands onto the floor, not caring if it's made a mess.

"We held hands" she states with an obvious tone.

"I done that to help you out with Aaron, I didn't know it was going to lead to this" she shakes her head.

"So you've just been leading me on?" I don't say anything. "You've let me spread lies to everyone, Karl. Why didn't you say anything?"

I don't respond. I sit in silence trying to figure out what is going on. I've been in a relationship without even knowing it was real.

"Karl, if you don't want to be with me that's fine. But you could've been honest with me, like you continued doing all these flirty things with me, I thought you liked me" she fidgets with the zipper on her jacket. "We can be friends, just please tell me how you're feeling".

"Okay, yea. I can do that" I awkwardly nod my head and continue packing things away.

I have a thousand questions for her but I don't say anything. We continue packing up our paint stuff in silence. We only say goodbye to each other when we're getting into our cars and driving away from each other.

---------------------------

HELLLLLOOOOOOO LOVELIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how is everyone doing?? pls give me updates and stuff <33 are you all liking the story???? JUST TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU'RE ALL THINKING PLSSSSS

anyway

i do hope youre all enjoying sweater weather <3 i'm writing heaps more now which is sosososoosso nice after not writing for a longggg time!!!!!!! thank you all for reading <3

ok so i do have songs to use for this story BUT i would absolutely love if you could send me some songs you would like me to use or just tell me some songs that remind you of this story!!!!!! 

anywayssss i do have a twitter btw i had to make a new one so if anyone would like to follow and get some updates on sweater weather and some other things im working on then give a follow and i ofc will follow back <3 its a bit embarrassing for some reason it gave me a default user but ANYWAY this is my twitter: Candy2259493410 

ily all sm and i hope you enjoyed this part <3 ill post a new one sooooooon :)