58: santa doesn't know you like i do

Sapnap

--

Snow falls from the sky and lands on the bright red tip of Karls nose. He's staring at the sky, watching as the snow glistens while it falls. I can't take my eyes off him. Every time I look at him I begin to feel overwhelmed as I remember that he is my boyfriend, and I am his. It feels like we were put on this Earth to be together. I love everything about him, every little detail.

"Come on babe" I snap out of my trance when I notice Karl has begun walking again. "We have packing to do!".

"I know, I know" I hurry up to walk beside him. "We also have to set the place up for tonight".

"Oh we don't have to do much, I done most of it while you were asleep" he pauses and lets out a small giggle before continuing, "I didn't think you'd want to be woken up so early after last night".

My cheeks flush red as I think about last night. The memory of his hands and lips flash in my mind, making me shyly look away from him. I hear him let out another small giggle when he notices me reaction. His hand wraps around mind and we continue walking like that until we're back at our apartment.

"Have you wrapped Jacksons painting yet?" I question as I shrug my coat off. 

"Ugh, I tried to but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm scared of ruining my art, so I just put a bow on it" Karl struggles to get his sweater off so I step forward and help him. When we finally get it off, I notice that he's wearing one of my t-shirts.

"I just got that shirt" I laugh. "You've already claimed it".

"We've been over this, Sap. I have my own clothes that you can't wear, you have clothes that are actually mine and no clothes are completely yours" he gives me a quick peck on the lips before making his way into the kitchen.

I look around the room to see how he's set the Christmas decorations up. I give him a satisfied smile and nod of approval before making my way to our bedroom. I pass Karls art studio and peek inside, he never lets me in there while he's painting because he wants every piece to be a surprise. I look over at the easel that's holding up the current piece he's working on. I instantly notice a familiar hand, and an even more familiar sweater. I stare for a moment before I realise it's my hand, and the sweater back from highschool. I think back to a few days ago when he said he was thinking about our past and how we got here, he must be thinking of the troubles we went through. 

I shake my thoughts away before continuing to our bedroom. I'm met with our bed that hasn't been made, the memories of last night flash through my mind again as I begin to make the bed. When I finish, I pull out our suitcase and begin to pack our clothes. I make sure to place extra of my sweaters and shirts, just so Karl can wear them while we're back home. I then make sure to have the other bag out, ready to be filled with our families and friends Christmas presents. We're leaving them under the tree tonight, using them as extra decorations. 

"Nick!" I hear Karl shout my name and as I walk out of the room I hear our friends talking. When I enter the room I see Tracy and Rebekah are standing in the doorway, looking around our apartment. I realise then that this is the first time they've been here. 

"This place looks amazing!" Tracy gushes as she lets go of Rebekahs hand so she can hug Karl. 

"Nick!" Rebekah spots me and instantly runs over to me. "I feel like I haven't seen you in a while".

"We were hanging out just two days ago" I chuckle as she hugs me. 

"Two days is too long" Rebekah smiles at me as she pulls away from me. 

I met Rebekah in one of the many classes i've taken since moving here. I have a basic coffee shop job, I just make coffees and give people sweet treats on patterned napkins. But as a hobby I take different classes, and I met Rebekah at an Italian cooking class. I was struggling to roll my Gnocchi into a nice shape, she stepped up and helped me out. We've been good friends since.