12: Everywhere

Karl Jacobs

--

Sapnap ended up going to Harmonys for dinner, so we didn't end up getting pizza together. But we did plan to meet at the park near my house. I'm now standing out in the cold, mosquitos buzzing around me in the street lights while I wait for Sapnap to come pick me up so we can drive around and do nothing. He messaged me fifteen minutes ago saying he was leaving Harmonys house so he should be here soon. Harmony lives across town in the richer area, Sapnap and I live in what cheesy shows call the 'wrong' side of the tracks. We've never had any problems with it, no one has ever made fun of us since most of the students in our school live around here too. There's only a few kids in school that live over in that area and they don't show it off. 

I look up from my phone to see Sapnaps car coming to a stop in front of me. I grin as I open the car door to see my best friend already smiling up at me. Fleetwood Mac plays through is speakers and he turns it down as I sit down. We say hi to each other and he begins to drive to nowhere specific. We don't say anything, we just listen to music together. That's usually how it goes, we listen to music and then when one of us is ready we begin to talk. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks after the song ends. 

"I'm alright" I lie. Every time I think back to the few seconds before I passed out I feel a ball form in my stomach. I see her wearing the sweater, smiling while looking at Sapnap, his hand holding hers tightly. They literally make me sick to my stomach.

"How was your afternoon with Lola?" he spits out her name with disgust, but I don't question it. 

"It was good, we just sat in the field painting. Nothing too exciting" I shrug, looking out the windows as we driver past the houses of people i've known my whole life. "We broke up" I say honestly, refusing to look over at him.

"Were you ever together?" I can hear the humour in his voice.

"I guess not" I pause. "It's weird, I don't know what actually happened".

"She used you?" I feel him look at me then back to the road. "It's not the first time she's done this, I remember she done it to Timmy".

"We're friends now" I shrug, "I think she was just using me to make Aaron jealous, but then she thought we were actually in a relationship. It was all just so confusing". 

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Sapnap parks the car at a random car park. "I could've helped you out".

"I don't know" I mumble, looking down at my hands. "I never want to bother you".

"You could never bother me, Karl. You are my best friend, you know I will do anything for you" he pauses, "I don't think you should stay friends with Lola".

"What?" I finally look up at him. "Why?"

"She is a nice girl, she really is. But do you remember that girl I told you about a while ago, I never told you her name because she wanted to keep everything a secret?" he winces at the memory. 

I think back to two years ago, we sat in a diner as he told me about this girl he thought he was in love with. He never told me her name, I never knew why but I didn't question it. A month after that night at the diner I sat in his room as he almost cried when he found out she had been seeing other guys while seeing him. I stayed with him and supported him through it all, and I never questioned who the girl or the guys were. 

"It was Lola?" I ask quietly. Sapnap doesn't say anything, he just nods his head. "Oscar was the guy?"

"Yep" he sighed. "She's a good friend and is fun to be around, but once you go past that friend line she's just so different. She's been in love with Aaron forever, they have always been on and off in secret. When we dated she was with me, Oscar, and Aaron. The only one she showed off was Oscar for some reason, like she was embarrassed to be seen with me" he hesitated, "I know it sounds rude, and I don't mean to offend you, but when I saw you with her I kinda just knew there was nothing real going on there".

We sit in silence. I don't know how to feel. I just betrayed my best friend without even knowing. I 'dated' a girl he used to be with, I broke every rule of 'bro code'. Not that it's ever been relevant to me, i'm pretty sure the first rule is to not crush on your best friend.

"She told me she thought it was a real relationship" I sigh. "I don't know if I believe her not, before last week we never even had a real conversation".

"She's like that I guess" he shrugs, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "But let's not talk about her anymore".

He turns the music up and we sing along to our favourites. Everything feels right, it feels normal. Just Sapnap and I. No Harmony or Lola in sight, it's just us being best friends. I haven't felt this in what feels like forever. I'm reminded that I truly need no one else in my life, just him. I could live forever and only have him by my side, I would never complain. 

I remember a dream I once had, I always wished it was real life. Sapnap and I lived on our own in an apartment in the city. I was still painting and he was as successful streamer. We were friends, nothing more, but it was perfect. If I could go back to that dream, I would. I know we will never be more than friends, but in my dreams it's different. I can be with him, he can hold me and I can watch him when he wakes up in the morning. I doubt reality will ever be better than the dreams I have with him.

------------------

ello luvs

how is everyoneeeee?????????????????????????????????????????????

did yall like this update??? pls be honest......... even if its harsh............. i can take it..... 

and um pls tell me how u all feel about the characters??? idk how i feel about them sometimes so i would love to hear all of ur thoughts :)) 

ily all 

i will post more soon

PROMISE

buh bye x

( pls comment more song suggestions mwah mwah )