55: Always You

Karl Jacobs

--

Lola is twirling around giving us all a mini fashion show. Noah advises her to remove the clip on flower because it apparently distracts him from the rest of the outfit, and when she does he gives her an approving nod. Henry laughs at their interaction before sipping on his drink. I haven't had a sip of alcohol, and I don't plan on drinking any tonight.

The hotel ended up being two streets away from the party, but the room itself doesn't work out too well for us. There is one double bed that we have agreed to let Lola and Noah sleep in for the night. Noahs argument was he has back problems so he actually needs to  sleep in a bed, we all eventually gave in and allowed him to share the bed with Lola. Henry and I will be curling up on the floor for the night, but i'm not too worried. It's a New Years party, none of us might even be sleeping tonight. I'm ready for whatever the night has planned for us. 

"We should leave in twenty" Lola shouts from the bathroom as she begins doing her eyeshadow. I enter the room to watch her do it. "I'm thinking a sparkly pink look. Thoughts?"

"Well you are wearing a sparkling pink dress, so matching eyeshadow does make sense" I chuckle as she rolls her eyes. 

"Can I borrow some glitter?" Noah pokes his head through the door. "Please?"

"Karl, do Noahs glitter. I only trust you with it" Lola passes me a palette full on sparkling eyeshadows. "Be careful with it!".

Noah sits on the edge of the bathtub while I sit on the toilet. He shuts his eyes and lets me have full control over what i'm putting on his face. I gently tap purple glitter onto his eyelids, and I keep doing that until I get to the top of his cheekbones. He giggles as I place purple glitter onto his cheeks, he mumbles something about it tickling and I just laugh at him.

"Are you guys ready?" Henry shouts from the other room just as I shut the palette and Noah opens his eyes. He looks in the mirror and gives me a satisfied smile before we all agree that it's time to leave. 

Lola holds onto my arm as we walk out, she whispers words of encouragement as we make our way to my car. We keep it quiet as we talk about Sapnap, neither of the boys know we've come all this way just so I can reconnect with the boy i'm in love with. Noah wouldn't of come with us if he knew the truth. But then again, maybe he would've joined us. He is skipping Percys party tonight to be here with us.

"Can I please just play one song?" Noah begs as we're all putting our seatbelts on. Lola rolls her eyes and passes the phone to him so he can play his song. Seconds later the song from The Muppets Movie comes on, Lola rips the phone back from Noah and instantly changes the song. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry! I just really wish I was watching The Muppets right now".

"Dude, we're on the way to a party!" Henry whacks Noahs chest as I begin to drive to the party.

Lola continues playing her pop music as I drive. They all hold a casual conversation, asking each other updates on their lives. Noah tells everyone that he's leaving next year, he plans on going to Italy or France. He hasn't decided yet. He doesn't give us the reason why he wants to move away, he just keeps saying he wants to. One things that's always amazed me about Noah is that he's amazing at saving money, so I believe he could fund these travel dreams all on his own. Lola lists all the reasons why he shouldn't go, but Henry sits in the backseat encouraging Noah to go. 

"How can I ever say I lived my life if I don't go, Lola?" Noah raises one eyebrow as we all get out of the car.

"Okay, okay. Go then" Lola huffs as she smooths her dress out. 

"You don't want me to go cause you'll miss me too much" Noah snickers and Lola just glares at him.

"Okay enough, we're at the party. Let's hurry up and get in there" Henry drags Noah inside.

I stand outside, staring up at the two houses that are currently filled with people celebrating the end of the year. A bridge connects the two houses, people are scattered along it talking with each other while they smoke. I assume that's the smokers area for the night. A chill runs down my spine and I shiver before shoving my hands into my pockets. I let out a sigh just to see my own breath in the cold air.

"Let's go inside, it's too cold out here" I say to Lola before grabbing her hand and walking inside. 

Once we're inside Lola just grins and runs off to do her usual party activities. Usually i'd be upset that i'm alone at a party, but I know that I need to be alone tonight. I need to face Sapnap on my own. I just need to find him first.

I push through the crowds of people, noticing that none of them are people i've ever seen around before. I know once I see Aaron, Sapnap won't be too far away. I go on my phone every few seconds just to refresh Instagram, waiting for him to maybe post something just so I can see where he is. And then I remember the bridge connecting the two houses. 

I push through more crowds until I make it to the bottom of the stairs. People are sitting as couples on the edge of the steps, talking with each other or making out. I apologise as I step past them, doing my best at trying not to step on them. When I make it to the top I see the back of Aarons head, so I look around hoping to find Sapnap somewhere here. 

My eyes find him straight away. He's laughing at something that was said, there's a drink in his hand, and his hair is tucked underneath a hat. I smile just at the sight of him, but my smile quickly fades when I see Harmony is the one standing across from him making him laugh.

"Karl!" Lola squeals as she walks up the stairs. "I've been looking for you everywhere!".

Sapnaps head turns and stops on me. His smile drops and his eyes are filled with fear as he watches me turn away from him. I hear him say my name, but I don't bother looking back.

--

HIIIIIII 

soo i have some exciting news.. but what is exciting to me doesn't seem to be too exciting for you all

i thought i should let you all know that the chapter after this one is in fact the last chapter of Sweater Weather

i'm very excited for you all to read the ending but i know we will all miss this fic A LOT

i'm not going to be posting the next chapter in 2 days like ive been doing this whole fic.. in a week from now the ending of Sweater Weather will be all yours and i really hope you all enjoy it <3

nowww i need to ask

how soon do you want the DNF fic??????? should i post the first chapter the same time i post the last chapter of this fic?? pls tell me your thoughts 

i hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

i love you alllll