54: Being In Love

Karl Jacobs

--

It's the New Years Eve and I haven't heard a word from Sapnap. All I want to do is respect him and give him space but I just can't help myself anymore. I finally have him, why can't I celebrate that with him? 

I've asked around about the parties happening tonight and there are many, I have no idea which one Sapnap will be attending. All I want to do is ask him but I just haven't. I sent him one simple 'Hey' and he left me on read. I don't want to be angry or upset with him, I want to be supportive, I want to be there for him, I want to be the positive light at the end of it all. But how can I be when all I want is him? 

"Harmony" just hearing her name being said sends shivers down my spine. 

"Lola" I huff, "why mention her?" I spin in my chair to face Lola as she lays on my bed, scrolling through her phone. 

"Oh sorry" she cringes. "Well, I was just wondering maybe I could message her and see if she knows where he'll be tonight?"

"No way, if she replies with an answer then that means they're still talking. Do you really want me depressed on New Years?" she rolls her eyes. 

"Okay, okay" she raises her hands in defeat. "Just thought i'd ask".

"Well, why don't you ask Aaron where he's going?" she glares at me.

"He's blocked" she sits up and places a pillow on her legs as she stares down at her phone. "I'll unblock him".

"Lola no-"

"Already done, he is unblocked" I reach for her phone but she moves away. I watch her become focused on her phone as she taps through his story. I frown and join her on the bed as I attempt to see what she's looking at. "Is that who I think it is?"

Lola turns the phone to me and I see the back of Sapnaps head in the background of Aarons story. They're at someones house putting up decorations for what I assume is a New Years party. Lola points out the location Aaron tagged, it's an hour away from us going towards the city. Neither of us need to speak, we just give each other a look before we begin to pack up some bags. 

"Aaron messaged me" Lola stops moving and holds her phone out to me. "He's asking what i'm up to tonight, what do I say?"

"Tell him you're looking for a party! I don't know, you're the texting genius not me!" I speak dramatically as I shove some random clothes into a bag. 

"Okay!" Lola huffs as she begins typing again. I pick up her bag to finish cleaning up her stuff. When I finish I stand next to her, the both of us staring down at her phone as we wait for the three little typing bubbles to turn into a real message. 

"Is that the-"

"It's the address!" Lola cheers, jumping around. "We need to leave now! I need to stop by my house to get my outfit!"

Without anymore discussion we rush out of the house. I left a messily handwritten note for my mum, it's sitting on the kitchen bench waiting for her to arrive home. I drive to Lolas house while she sits in the passenger seat messaging Henry and Noah to see if they would like to join us. Noah answered straight away saying he'd join us, and we're still waiting for Henry to reply to us.

"I'm going to quickly run in and grab what I need, i'm going to leave my phone here with you just in case Henry messages" Lola talks fast before rushing out of the car.

I chuckle to myself as the thought of her speeding through the house to grab what she needs. I stare out the window as her pop music plays through my speakers, kids ride by on skateboards enjoying their last day of the year. Lolas phone buzzes and I look down expecting to see a reply from Henry, but i'm instead met with a message from Percy.

'Hey i'm doing a small party tonight, you should come by. Would be nice to see you X' 

I stare at it for a moment thinking about what I should do. I chew on my lip as I selfishly swipe the notification away, hoping Lola won't notice she missed a message from him. She hasn't talked about Percy much since we've been hanging out again, I assume it's because he really did hurt her. So maybe swiping his notification away without her knowing is actually just something she needed me to do. 

"Karl!" Lola shouts as she enters the car. "So, I told dad our plans for the night and he got us a room at a hotel nearby!" 

"What?" I sit up properly in my seat and stare at her, waiting to learn more. 

"Well, my cousin manages a place near the address and my dad made a quick call to reserve a room. He said my cousin owes us some money so dads letting him pay us back with a room for us tonight!" Lola cheers as she places her things in the back seat.

Everything for tonight is lining up perfectly. Like everything is going the way the Universe wants it to go. Hopefully is ends with Sapnap and I together, kissing at midnight.

"Did Henry reply?" Lola questions.

"Uh, not too sure. I'll just go get Noah now and then we can swing b Henrys if he hasn't replied by then" Lola just nods her head before turning the music up. 

I drive away from her house towards Noahs house. On the drive over we pass Sapnaps street, I quickly glanced over at his house to see his family out the front greeting some cousins that come by every year for New Years. And every year, Sapnap isn't there. The last thing I want to do today is go to a party, but I am going to one just hoping i'll actually see him there. 

When Noah gets into the car Lolas phone dings with a reply from Henry saying he'll join us at the party tonight. Lola has a permanent grin stuck to her face and she keeps repeating herself saying she's so excited to be going out as a group again. I laugh at her, and Noah copies me. Once Henry is in the car we begin to drive away from our small town and I start to countdown the minutes until I am seeing Sapnap again.

--

HEYYYY 

how are we all doing??!

anything fun?????

im now going to ask you all for some music recs! 

pls tell me all of your fav songs and artists i loveee learning about you all 

i hope youre all having an amazing night/day

love you alllll