47: Snow Angel

Sapnap

--

Harmony is twirling in front of me, showing off the new highlights in her hair and the sweater she's wearing. I smile at her, nodding my head when she asks if I like it. I like her hair even though I don't see a difference, but I don't enjoy seeing her in my clothes. Seeing her wearing my sweater now does the opposite effect on me compared to when I see Karl wearing my sweater. I would never tell Harmony that thought, i'm too scared to say his name around her. 

"Okay, come on we need to go" I begin to stand up but she gently pushes me back down and sits on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Can we just go to the mall today? Or we can just hang out here?" she pouts. "We'd be home alone".

"I would love to" I kiss her nose. "But, I need to be at school today. I have a quiz today".

"You can do it tomorrow, it's just a quiz" she groans, tossing her head back. "How often do we get to hang out? Just us two?"

"Ok ok" I wrap her legs around my waist as I stand up so she doesn't fall. "We can hang out this weekend. I'll be all yours".

"Promise?" She asks as I slowly place her back down. 

"I promise" she smiles up at me before pressing her lips to mine. 

I feel nothing. 

We walk out of the house together, I get into my car while she locks her house up. I scroll through Instagram, seeing her story. My heart races when I hear what song she put on there, I quickly close the app to check the date.

December 3rd.

There's something about the date that sets of alarms in my mind. Something happened or is going to happen today, but I just can't remember. 

"Hey babe" I say as Harmony gets into the car. I focus on reversing out of the driveway before I continue speaking, "how did you know  I like the song you put on your story? It's not one i've played for you before".

"Oh I know" she smirks. "It came up on your phone as a reminder to send it. I assumed you had plans to send it to me some time today. It's so cute that you plan it ahead" she grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze.

The memory from last year rises up in my mind. I had set the reminder to send that song to Karl. I wanted to send it to him for so long but I was always too nervous, so I decided to plan a day to send it to him. There was nothing special about December 3rd last year until that day actually happened. The fact that he needed my sweater that morning was just a coincidence, and it all made it so much easier to show him the song. It all fell into place perfectly, it was all before everything exploded. 

I doubt Karl even remembers the significance of today. He's moving on from his life with me, he's made that clear. He has new friends, maybe even a new boyfriend. Henry is always around him these days, I see him with Karl more than I see Karl with Lola. I don't understand why he's friends with them all, all they do is cause problems. Especially Percy. I don't know why Karl has stayed friends with any of them after what they done at the party. Percy was the problem, he still is the problem, and i'm starting to realise that he's always been the problem. I just hope Karl sees that sometime soon before something really bad happens. 

"Aaron wants to know if we're going to his parents anniversary dinner this weekend" Harmony says as I park the car in the school parking lot.

"I thought it was just us this weekend?" I frown, looking over at her. 

"Yea, it will be. But we'll just spend two hours of our time at the dinner" she shrugs before we both get out of the car.

"Okay, if you really want to go then we can make an appearance" I throw my arm around her shoulders as we walk into school together. There was a day when we walked into school and my arms weren't around her, everyone just assumed we had broken up. Before that day I never noticed how important i'd become to the people that cared about gossip at this school. I didn't know people considered me popular until then. That was also the day I realised that eyes were always on me, I can never make a mistake, if I do it all just goes back to Harmony. She has a way of finding out everything. 

We walk through the halls together, saying hi to those that say it first like we're the cliche couple in a romcom movie. I never saw myself being in a relationship like this, before Harmony I honestly never saw myself in a relationship with anyone but Karl. I still find myself looking for him in everyone I talk to. I search for him in Harmony and I's romantic, intimate moments. I search for him in the jokes Aaron and I share. I search for him in myself when i'm alone at night. 

"Nick!" Aaron grins as he approaches us. "Heard about your cousins break up, think she wants to be lonely for long?" he winks with a disgusting smirk displayed on his face. 

"Oh piss off" I pretend to laugh at what he likes to think is a joke. "She'd never be desperate enough to go for you".

"Ouch" he places a hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt. "Well, at least I tr-"

"Oh my god!" Harmony screeches at something. I frown at turn to her to see her eyes are set to something at the other end of the corridor. Her nostrils are flaring, the top of her ears are burning bright red, and she's not blinking.

"What?" Aaron asks just as I follow her line of sight. 

In a matter of seconds I feel my entire world flip upside down. Karl is on the other end of the corridor, laughing at something Lola has said while wearing the sweater.

My sweater. 

He remembers. 

I can't pull my eyes away from him. All of these feelings rush through me at once, things I should've been feeling for Harmony all this time hit me at once when I look at him. He's overwhelming. How could I look away? 

"Nick!" Harmonys fingers are snapping in my face. "You told me you threw that ugly sweater out".

"I-I did" I stutter as I lie to her. "Maybe my dad saw it and thought it was Karls?"

"Whatever" Harmony rolls her eyes before turning back to Karl. I notice her foot move in front of the other but i'm quick to grab her arm. "Nick, don't".

"No" I demand, "don't bother him. Please".

"Are you seriously telling me to not go over there and say something?" she looks up at me, if this was a cartoon the animated steam would already be blowing out of her ears. "Nick, he's wearing my boyfriends clothes!".

"So?" I instantly regret saying that. "Babe-"

"Don't babe me".

"Harmony" I sigh, "he's allowed to miss me. Maybe this is just his way of doing it, don't give in and say something. We need to be the stronger couple".

I watch her process the words I just said. The bell rings and I place my hands on either side of her face, pulling her in for a kiss. Then I continue to kiss her forehead, and I swear it was hotter than lava. I watch the redness in her face leave after I kiss her one more time. 

"I love you" she smiles gently while looking up at me. 

"I love you too".

I want to believe what I just said is true. I really do want to love her. But I find myself imagining Karl as I say it, seeing him in my mind as I say those words is the only way I know how to say them. 

Today as I tell my girlfriend that I love her, all I can do is imagine Karl is the one standing in front of me. He's the one I just kissed, and he looks perfect standing there in my sweater. 

----------

HEY 

i decided i'd give you 2 updates in a row just cause i was gone for a bit hehe...

but this is a one time thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never expect it from me again HAHAHAHA

i hope you all enjoyed this part :) 

now there is a very specific reason i chose this song and these lyrics are whyyyyy

'I met a boy, he broke my heart
 I blame him cause it's easier
 But I still look for him in her' 

live, laugh, love renee rapp ALWAYSSS

she just understands sapnaps character hehe 

anyway

ily all sososososososoossoo much