MANUEL'S STRIVE FOR REDEMPTION

Manuel went to the room he was given only to find out the people he has been given to are sort of gangsters. With the strong intimidation he had he went to his bed and sat at the corner trying to read a book. The guys around began to discuss amongst themselves saying the guy is too calm.

Manuel overhearing this statement gave a heavy sigh to give himself a relief. He looked at the ceiling still with a heavy heart and anxiety, yet believing there is still hope in the future. He said to himself,"I feel locked up. I feel inferior and all alone. Who'd come to my rescue that I can be free from this turmoil on the inside. In spite of all this I'm still putting my trust in God. Lord please help me, if you're punishing me please let me know."

Tears began to run down from his eyes and began to sob in silence. Not long the announcement came running in that supper is ready for everyone. Manuel got down and went for his food. Out of the blue the girls who troubled him with questions came around him and began to disturb him. He felt uncomfortable and one of the cooks did not understand why the girls were disturbing Manuel. Manuel then realised the woman was wondering what was going on.

Manuel then spilled the beans and told the woman the girls like to disturb him. The girls realised Manuel spilled the beans and they took it personal. Annette went to Manuel and said,"Manuel are you for real. Oh so today you claim we are disturbing you. I never knew you were like that. Anyways, have a nice day." Manuel was astonished at what went on and asked himself if these girls are really okay because this is not an issue for them to get angry with.

Sir Kay then came around announcing they should go for church service in his church. Manuel said to himself, "Great! God made me fail my wassce and now he exoects me to go to church to worship him. How nice! He made the devil to triumph and now he wants me to go and serve him. Sigh! He doesn't even speak to me in dreams or anything. He should just tell me what I did wrong?"

They went in the church named assemblies of God. There was massive praise and worship in the church auditorium with Sir Kay being one of the backup singers. What Manuel found it strange was the prayer session where gentility does not come to play. Manuel felt he was going to be vulnerable again to be accused for being gentle, and it actually did happen when someone shook him to be active. Manuel did pray but he felt his prayers weren't heard.

The following day as usual there was worship in the school in which it was compulsory for every student. Manuel went and as usual felt the same way. The part he hated the most was the session for praises which would compel people to dance and one would be seen as an outcast if he or she does partake in dancing. Manuel went on to complain again,"How can I dance when my misery has began and it's going to take like forever for me to get out of this. And the climax hasn't even started. Sigh!"

As usual everyone began dancing and he felt everyone was happy except he. It was a sad scene to look at when he could picture his friends in the university with smiles hovering over their faces with he bowing his head down in shame feeling defeated and disgraced.

After service he sat in the classroom and Magdalena began pestering him with questions relating to activity relating to intercourse. She asked him saying,"So Manuel tell me, will you have sexual intercourse one day?" Manuel looked at her with a weird look sending a signal of 'What do you mean?' Or 'Are you serious?' Manuel replied saying,"Why not? The bible even made it clear that be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth."

Magdalena laughed and said,"Wow! So you would have intercourse. Haha! I can just imagine how you'll do it especially if the girl is not tight." Manuel couldn't believe what he was hearing and felt the girl wants to pollute his mind. For he always feel angry whenever he wakes up in the morning to go to class just to meet these kind of people. He hoping they quickly separate the newcomers from the old ones.

After school, Manuel went on to take his bath for the day. Once he entered the room Goliath made it known to Manuel that there is someone from his school, he should take a look at the person. Manuel went to take a look at the person and it was his mate Deron. Well they were amused to see each other. One with fear and embarrassment and the other with mockery and uncertainty. Deron knew no one but only him, thus he decided to follow Manuel wherever he went.

Deron in his thoughts mocked Manuel saying, "Like seriously! This dude is in this school? See where his wickedness in school back then has led him. Setback! He deserves it. As Karma says, 'What goes round comes round.' Haha!"
Manuel in his thoughts said,"As at now he might think it's wickedness that brought me here. Sigh! I wasn't wicked, I was doing what was right. He'll intentionally not bring foodstuffs to school telling his mum he'll survive on money every time school reopens. He'll then come and pester on our foodstuffs and go scot-free."

It was night and as usual it was the last day for the church. Deron decided not to go for the church. But Manuel went just to save his conscience. As usual he went and it was the same old show and terrain. After church Manuel went to his room and Deron came to see him. Deron saw Manuel's dorm mate Michael who was a year below him. Deron asked him what will go on the following day since it's a Saturday. Michael said,"The house master would come round with cutlass and hoes to weed the grass at the drying line.

Manuel got disappointed and scared. He decided a plan to wake up as early as five o'clock to journey to the classroom despite the risk involved. He also decided to go and study too at least to prepare for the reason why he was brought. But in spite of all these, nothing excited him than his parents coming to visit him. As he was alone tears began running down from his eyes once he began reminiscing the past and what brought him to the school. The whole thing was like a bad dream painted to appear in reality.

Later in the day he went to sit under the tree for some air and also to see if his parents would pass by. Suddenly Magdalena saw Manuel and quickly went to sit by him to pester him but Manuel tried sacking her. Instead she nicknamed him church elder because he was with his bible.