CLOSE TO DESTRUCTION

Manuel was overjoyed with the prophecy he received and he began praying each and every midnight for that prophecy to come to pass in the future. Day in day out Vashti always came with a new prophecy. Telling Manuel he will pass his wassce so much that he will be astonished.

The more she gave the prophecy, the more he got closer to her. She made mention of God bringing Manuel to Wisconsin College for a purpose. She gave him a verse to read in the book of 1 Timothy 4. He read it and he found out his purpose for coming to the school is for evangelism.

He sat back and thought to himself saying, "God decided to let me fail my wassce because he wanted me to bring the gospel to this school. Sigh! This is outrageous." At that moment Vashti read the thoughts of Manuel and told him exactly what he was thinking. In astonishment Manuel quickly got up and left her presence. He could not believe the kind of prophetic gift she had.

He took a stroll for about thirty minutes to release the shock he just received from Vashti. Meanwhile, Bernard came to seek for Manuel but he was not around. And since Vashti was available Bernard decided to go and have a chat with her. During the conversation Bernard felt a bit tired and before he realised he found himself lying on Vashti's laps and even fell asleep in the process.

Manuel came back from releasing his shock only to find Vashti kissing Bernard on the lips. Manuel stood back and was speechless with what he saw. He asked himself, "Does everything around here have to be birth with a surprise?" Vashti saw Manuel and exclaimed saying, "Turn away your face! Bad boy!" Manuel replied back saying, "You rather have to hide your face from what you were doing."

Manuel wanted to go further but he felt she was higher than him in terms of spirituality. Thus, he decided not to speak against her. Clearly remembering from scripture that God's anointed should not be touched. Bernard got up and went away from her feeling horny. Manuel chased after him and asked him about what just happened.

Bernard began to grumble claiming Vashti is not the girl she claims she is. He continued by saying she is a demon sent from the pit of hell. Manuel tried to calm him down trying to explain things to him that she is anointed and they do not have the license to speak ill against her. Bernard refused to listen due to the fact that he claimed Manuel was not affected by what just happened.

..................

It was midnight and Manuel got up to pray. He began to pray as he was being instructed by Vashti. Not knowing, at that period of time, Vashti got up and met with a few girls in her class to address on how to make those with great destinies fall into destruction. With the crystal ball in the hands of Magdalena she was smiling as she could see how she could attack and infuse immorality into the lives of many.  She then saw Manuel praying and laughed the more.

She congratulated Vashti for her good job done by making Manuel wake up to pray when the heavens have shut their door to him. They conspired to create unnecessary and unlogical arguments for vulnerable people to attack him for no reason. Their intention was that he would draw closed to Vashti and thereby bring his life under destruction.

The following day Manuel went to the A  classroom and he just went out to spy outside, since it was a free time for classes. One girl named Regina who was amongst the gang of Annette asked Manuel in a rude manner what he was doing in their classroom. Manuel gently answered telling them he just came to look at something outside.

Regina replied saying, "You can't just enter our class and just spy outside." Annette also gave Manuel her piece of mind and sacked him from the class as an insect. Manuel was astonished with what just happened and it began to beat logical reasoning.  It was there Manuel remembered the prophecy that was given to him by Vashti and he smiled because he knew greatness was ahead.

Manuel, Bernard and Louis (Who was also Manuel's close friend) got closer to Vashti and her Muslim friend Khadijah. They were always together as a paper glue and a paper stick together. They ate together, laughed together and a whole lot. It then came to the notice of many that the friendly relationship Manuel shared with is Michelle diminishing and with Vashti increasing. Everyone began to ask Manuel what was happening between he and Michelle, and how come Vashti has come in the way.

Manuel did not give heed to what they were saying. They even began to tease him that he is in a relationship with her. To Manuel Vashti was not pretty to him. To him Vashti looked like a human having the head shape of a cat with the teeth of a squirrel. Her boobs were as peanuts to him and her butt was as the surface of the table. Looking at body structure wise, Vashti was not his type.

.............

On Sunday the Chapel Prefect Gabriel came to Manuel and said, "Today I want you to be the master of ceremony for today's church service. Manuel refused immediately but looking at the options available for the master of ceremony, no one wanted to venture for the program.
He had no choice but to accept the offer given to him. It was in the morning during service the coordination took place. And the girls who were a torn in his flesh began to torment him as he was in front.

This torture went on whiles fear stood by his side. At that point he felt the rapture should have just taken place and he would be taken away. Well that never looked like it was going to happen at that moment. The girls were protesting and criticising him not not adding style and flair to his coordination of programs.

At a point fear stepped backwards and confidence stepped in. At this point he never looked at anyone and he could just call anyone to sing without the person refusing. He rather was mocking those who were struggling to sing on stage. Finally it was over and Manuel went over to Gabriel and told him never to ever put him on stage again due to his struggles. Gabriel laughed his heart out and he said, "You know something, there's a reason why I chose and selected you. The reason is because you know how to convince people with your calm nature."

Manuel stopped him there and said, "Convince? With this? Bro, I guess you got the wrong person. Maybe that ability lies in someone else. Not me....I'm sorry."

..............

It was an examination week, and everyone was seriously studying for their upcoming papers. Manuel giving it his all to study and pass this terminal exam. He always took it as his final paper (Wassce). Some people envied the way he was really serious with his studies that they wished they were like him. Unfortunately, the discipline to do what Manuel does with his studies was not there