LIGHT VERSUS DARKNESS

Malik and Vashti met at a solitary place to take out their next plan. Vashti made it known to Malik that he has successfully brought down Manuel through Michelle. She said, "Now Manuel is broken and shattered. He hates himself for ever trusting Michelle. Before that, he sinned by caressing her.....I guess it's our chance to strike."

Malik said, "Perfect! You're a very smart girl. I'd let Magdalena promote you to the next ranks. The children of light must be turned off. Now, I'll give you the chance to trouble Manuel spiritually through his dreams and torment him through offence." Vashti humbly accepted the work given to her by Malik and vowed to do it with everything of hers.

....................

Manuel came late around two thirty in the morning. Nick asked how everything went and Manuel remained speechless for a while. After a bit of persistence from Nick Manuel spilled the beans of what happened between him and Michelle. Nick could not believe what he heard and asked him how he fell for it. Manuel did not know how to explain because he did not know he feel for Michelle's trap.

Manuel said, "I may have made mistakes, I may have not listened to your advise and ended up in a ditch. But guess what? In tears I sat in the class and I asked God to forgive me of my iniquity. I've been redeemed through the blood of the lamb. Today marks the day I part ways with my past experiences with Michelle. I'm moving on to finish what I started with."

Nick became impressed with his confidence and opted that they pray that night before they go to bed. They prayed for about thirty minutes and they went to bed. They felt the strong presence of the Almighty in their midst.

................

Manuel found himself in the midst of his colleagues having fun. Vashti then came around in insulted him in front of his colleagues. His colleagues did not understand why he allowed Vashti to insult him. They persuaded him to give her a taste of his own medicine but he refused. They gathered around him and convinced him to go after her. He then agreed to give her the taste of her own medicine.

He went and said to her, "You know why nobody loves you? Because you've got a face of a baboon." His colleagues were astonished with what he said and congratulated him for that. This angered Vashti and thus, took a knife to stab Manuel. Manuel quickly saw that, turned and held the hand holding the knife. He held it so firmly that she could not hold the knife any longer but dropped it. Manuel took the knife to get back to her. Due to self defense, Manuel could not have access to stab her. Thus, he struck the knife on her right cheek and gave her a serious injury.

...............

Manuel woke up panting seriously. He checked the time and it was morning already. Manuel took his bible and open to the book of Luke. He opened and it fell on chapter ten verse twenty seven. It said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Manuel began to smile and was full of joy because he has overcome the enemy sent to destroy him. Nick came in and saw Manuel so happy holding the bible. Nick asked why he was excited and he showed him the scripture. Nick still wondered why he was happy with that scripture. Manuel narrated the dream he had with Nick and he was put in awe.

Nick asked saying, "Are you trying to tell me that Vashti was sent to destroy you by killing you spiritually? And one way or the other you manage to attack her with her own weapon." Manuel replied, "Yes bro, imagine we didn't pray last night. What do you think would have happened?" Nick answered saying, "I guess you could have died." They both thought of it and gave thanks to God fir preserving their lives.

In the afternoon they went for their lunch and they saw Vashti with a huge plaster on her right cheek. People began to ask what happened to her and she gave a wrong narration. Thus, claiming a cat attacked her by scratching her cheek on her way to the washroom at night. People began to sympathise with her. Manuel and Nick saw people sympathising with her and they both tried to hold their laughter but they could not anymore.

People began to look at Manuel and Nick in disgust. They claimed and said, "These two boys aren't sympathetic. They've got the heart of a stone. They're mocking someone in pain. They're heartless people." Manuel was offended with their statements for calling he and Nick heartless. Manuel was going to give them a piece of his word and Nick stopped him from doing something that is going to affect him later on.

Vashti turned and looked at Manuel in anger with a squeezed face. Nick saw the look on Vashti's face and smiled. He said to Manuel, "Bro, the way she's looking at you I feel the battle in the realms of the spirit is not over. Go to your war room and energise the power God has given to you. I can sense a reinforcement coming to her aid."

Manuel asked Nick why the battle has become strong during the period of examination. Nick said, "Just as the Almighty Jehovah is working to bring people into the light, the enemy is also working to steal the children of light, kill their desire for God and eventually destroy them. And the battle has intensified in this period because their time is almost up. We, just like them came to this school for a purpose. Thus we both have just two weeks not just to complete the school, but the assignment each of us have been given."

He continued, "We both have a short time. It doesn't matter who is winning now, what matters is who is going to win at the end. Is it we the children of light or it's they the children of darkness. What did Jesus say to his disciples in the garden?" Manuel said, "Watch and pray that you do not fall into temptation." Nick said, "Exactly! We don't have to just pray. We have to be sensitive to the leading of the spirit and what goes on around."

Vashti was on her way to the girls dormitory and Malik met her om the way with a big plaster attached to her face. Malik asked her what happened. Vashti took Malik to that solitary place they usually meet. Vashti narrated everything to Malik what Manuel did to her. Malik asked, "I thought you said you've overcome him. What happened?"
Vashti in tears said, "I don't know Malik, I don't know. It seems God loves him so much that even when he sins his grace around him abounds."

Malik comforted her and said, "Vashti, don't cry. Leave everything to me to finish this guy. He has to leave this planet once and for all. We do not have time, the master would soon come for us to give an account when we complete this school."