THE CONFESSION AND EXAM

Nick realised they were trying to convince him and he quickly sacked them from the room. Frustration entered the room and confusion accompanied with it. Both Manuel and Nick walking up and down figuring out what to do. Manuel got a call from an unknown number but refused to pick the call. For he suspected it was an information coming to him about the fight.

Nick asked why he did not pick the call and Manuel answered, "Nick! Don't you realise I'm in a serious trouble at the moment. I came here to write my exams and leave. Not to have the bragging right of two school girls fighting over me. If wasn't for Mathematics I'd be in the university by now." He sat on his bed passing his hand through his head repeatedly due to frustration.

.................

Vashti was the only person amongst her cohorts who were in the branch of the school she has been transported to. Magdalena and others went to the other branches of Wisconsin College. Vashti called Magdalena to tell her the great news of the confusion that occurred between Annette and Michelle. Magdalena rejoiced over the phone and encouraged her to keep up the evil work  to destroy Manuel.

Magdalena told Vashti she would give her someone to assist her in her work. She said, "There's someone stronger and powerful than me. He's called Malik. His purpose is not to destroy anyone's destiny. He just uses his strength against those who go to the extent of trying to bully him. Many guys see him to be useless, but trust me. He's a great guy. He's my lord."

..............

It was morning, Manuel and Nick dressed up to go to the classroom to study. Immediately he stepped on campus people began to murmur and whisper. Manuel felt uncomfortable and  turned his back to go back to his room. Nick stopped him and asked him what he was doing. Manuel explained to him that he cannot go into the school and face this embarrassment. Thus, he will rather study in his room till it is exams.

Michelle saw Manuel and intentionally called him on phone to make a scene out of it. Manuel saw Michelle's call and picked it up. After Manuel said a 'hello' Michelle said to him, "Manny, I miss you so much. Can you come over." Manuel sighed and said, "Alright, I'll be there shortly." And he ended the call. He was about to go to Michelle and Nick stopped him and asked, "Bro! Where are you going? She called you and you're going? After all that happened?"

After hearing this Manuel switched off his phone and went back to his room to study for some hours with Nick. Manuel went online to check up on the latest news of the country only to see lots of messages popping up especially from Michelle. He opened the chat and read;

Michelle: Manny! I'm highly disappointed in you. You promised me you'll be there shortly and now this is what you do to me. You're such a coward....

Manuel: Listen. It's not like I'm a coward. I was just trying to avoid so much attention from people.

Manuel: And why did you fight with Annette?

Michelle: You know what. Goodbye!!"

Manuel: Michelle...

She constantly gave Manuel blueticks and never replied him. She now had the intention that after doing this Manuel will draw closer to her. Her plan actually went as expected.

It so happened that a day to their first paper Manuel went on to confess his feelings to her through a text. She scoffed because she knew Manuel had feelings for him. Thus, she suggested a solitary place for them to meet up. Michelle saw him and said, "Manny Nuels...or Manuel to be precise. You finally said it. And...you weren't lying after all. You really did love me. Why do you love me?"

After a heavy sigh Manuel answered, " I love you because.....I just do...and I feel you're the one to help me fulfill my purpose on earth." Michelle giggled and asked him if he can handle her. With all surety he gave yes for an answer and gave vivid reasons to why he can handle her.

After a while she said, "You know Manny, you're a very good and a handsome guy. But....I just want us to be friends. The reason is...I'm not just ready to be in a relationship at the moment. I....." Manuel replied, "That's fine...I understand. And I respect that. I'm not going to force you because I love you. Take care, and when you're ready let me know." Michelle faked being sad and went on to thank Manuel for understanding her but it was not from her heart.

They parted ways and Manuel felt hopeful and glad. Michelle on the other hand mocked him from behind with her mind made up not to pick him as her partner.

Meanwhile, Manuel went to his room and saw Manuel smiling all over. Nick was amazed to see him smile and asked him why he was smiling. Manuel did not want to tell him the reason why but after numerous attempts by Nick he spilled the beans. Nick stood back and said, "Bro! How could you? You know all this and you still..." He went speechless and Manuel said, "Nick, I couldn't help it. I've been in love with this girl for months now." Nick replied, "And she's out of love. Why are you still sleeping and still stiff necked? Sigh! I'm tired. I'm tired of trying to let you see the truth only for you to be blind with a lie!"

Manuel said, "You haven't fallen in love in your lifetime that's why you're talking this way! If you have truly fallen you'll understand what I'm going through." Nick replied, "I don't need to fall in love to know what love is. Experience is never the best teacher,  Knowledge is. You need knowledge before you experience. Why do you go to school? You go to school to gain knowledge before you gain experience at work. Sigh! You know what? I'm just going to leave you to do your thing. When you fall into her trap and you realise it, it's there you'll understand what First Corinthians chapter thirteen means."

Nick then turned his attention to his textbook to read and prepare for the upcoming paper. Manuel also decided to do same to study for tomorrow's paper which was Oral English. They studied and studied until they had high hopes of believing they will be able to do something.
.................

It so happened the next day that Manuel went into the exam hall with mixed emotions. He did not know what to do than to pray for strength and grace to be able to write the paper. Manuel sat at his sitting position and surprisingly a girl named Zoey was sitting just in front of him. He became worried due to the fact that this girl loves to cheat during examination.

Manuel could not keep his cool anymore because Zoey was prone to cheating and Manuel had a faint heart for such things. He prayed and said, "Lord, you know I've got a faint heart and this lady is in front of me. Only you determine what is sin and what is not. I don't know why you made it in such a way that she will be in front of me. She is seen as a cheater in exams and a harlot too. I don't know why she is in front of me. I'm scared Lord, grant me the strength of David and the heart of a lion. And in all let your will be done in Jesus name. Amen."