THE MASKED FACES ON CAMPUS

The examination for oral English began and everyone had to pay attention to the speaker before they put down their answers. Zoey on the other hand befriended the invigilator and had the answers to the questions. She didn't have to pay attention to whatever that was being said through the speaker.

At this point Manuel was amazed at what he saw and he felt stupid for not cheating too. Also, he felt this was so unfair for someone who studied so much not to be helped as compared to someone who did not study at all but was helped. After the paper Manuel felt he wrote the paper well but was disturbed with the fact that Zoey who does not study is a step closer to passing her exams.

Nick met Manuel and asked him how the examination went. Manuel gave a positive feedback about the examination but he went on to tell Nick about Zoey sitting in front of him. Manuel could not finish explaining and Nick got surprised with what he said and advised him to stay safe and becareful.

Manuel said, "I felt so stupid for studying and not even trying to ask her to help me. She was helping other people but I was having heart of a dove. I was so frightened. Sigh! I just need time to listen to motivational speeches." Nick replied, "Manny, you're not stupid. Never think that way about yourself. You studied and you were able to write something. You're better than Zoey, because you wrote very well without given answers as compared to her who had to go and get it. Imagine she didn't get it...she'd have not had it easy. Relax bro, there are a lot of papers to write."

Manuel felt encouraged and they both went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. Along the line, as they were having their lunch Nick came across Michelle walking towards a Rolls Royce car. Nick quickly gave Manuel an alert and asked if that was Michelle or another girl. Manuel wore his glasses to check who really it was. It was confirmed it was Michelle.

They observed Michelle and to their surprise she entered the car. Manuel took his phone and took a video of her entering the car. Nick asked him why he is taking the video. Manuel told him it was for the sake of evidence. Nick did not understand because to him Manuel was blinded with love. Manuel said, "Yes  I do love her. But I've been fooled for a while. I can't just let her go without have evidence. I need evidence to prove a point once and for all rather than explaining."

Nick was excited with what he heard and thanked the heavens for Manuel discovering the truth. He then asked Manuel, "So what are you planning at the moment since you know who she really is?" Manuel answered saying, "She used me, but I'm going to double use her. I'm going to let her have the chance to do whatever she wants, get my evidence and wait for the right moment to strike."

Annette on the other hand saw Michelle getting into the car. She said to the girls in the dormitory, "Now you understand the reason I called her a whore. She just entered the car of 'who knows who'." She continued with a shrug, "So called Christian. She dances more than anyone in church and she closer to men of God than anyone on campus." Another girl replied, "It wouldn't be of a shock to me if she had seduced one of these pastors to lie with her."

They thought about it and realised it could be highly possible. One of them said, "She's one of the reasons I stopped attending church gatherings. I heard of hypocrites but I never saw she was one. Sigh! And she's not ashamed too. What at all does she learn when she goes to church." Another said, "Well, I don't mean to judge but...I wonder if her prayers even touches the ceiling." Annette said, "If only Manuel knew....he wouldn't go in for her. I wish he could see who she really is."

After hearing what she said her colleagues began to tease her about she being jealous. They tried influencing her to snatch Manuel from her hand forcefully and make him her own. Annette said, "Ladies, what you're telling me to do is to be covetous. If he likes her I don't have to forcefully snatch him from her. Even though I do love him it's his choice to go in for wherever he wants to go for."

They still insisted and reminded her of the past when she liked Manuel so much that she could not sleep. Annette said, "That was in the past. Moreover I acted foolishly and I shouldn't have drawn Manuel to do the unthinkable. Thank goodness he didn't do the unthinkable." They requested for her to tell them what the unthinkable was but she refused to tell them.

..............

Vashti was her way to the girls dormitory and Malik met her. She was surprised to see Malik by the way. She then asked Malik how he got to where she is. Malik giggled and told her he has got his ways. Malik said, "Magdalena told me you needed help because you're alone in this job. To be Frank, I didn't come to this school of playing this child's play of destroying destinies. I came here for a huge purpose."

He continued, "But I can see you've improved with your work. You've just damaged the reputation of the person who was trying to expose you and your cohorts. I think that's Michelle right." She replied yes for an answer. Malik said, "You know, they said the devil is a liar. Actually he isn't a liar. He says the truth but you've got to pay the price if you aren't faithful to him. And that's what makes people think he's a liar. I think I'm going to help you fulfill your purpose for coming into Wisconsin College. You've destroyed Michelle, now it's left with the others."

.................

The next paper they were going to write was social studies. Social studies actually was not a big deal because it involved just reading with calculations. Yet, many were preparing for elective mathematics because it was a tedious one and they had to conquer it at all cost.

Manuel and Nick were seriously studying for their papers in the classroom only for Michelle to come to him and ask him to buy popcorn for her. Manuel and Nick looked at each other in disgust and confusion. Manuel turned to her and asked her how much she wanted. She mentioned the amount and Manuel gave her the money. She thanked Manuel with a smile and waved them a goodbye.

Nicked began to laugh and Manuel asked why he was doing so. Nick said, "Man! This girl has guts. She isn't shy to...oh my goodness! People like her act as if they do not have parents." Manuel replied, "Tell me brother. In fact, this is just the beginning. The real exposure will be out soon." Nick said, "Everyone knows her as a pretender and a golddigger. But there's one thing they do not know. She has the heart of ingratitude." Manuel said, "Yeah, so true. Everyone is going to see her true colours before we write our last paper."