THE EPIDEMIC

New students were admitted to the school and Gabriel introduced his brother Michael to Manuel. Michael saw Vashti pass by and immediately his eyes opened and he saw that Vashti was not a human but a witch. So after their discussions Michael went to his brother and said to him, "Michael...you see that lady over there?" Gabriel nodded his head in response eager to listen to what his brother has to say.

Michael said, "She's not human. She has been sent to destroy the lives of people with great destinies." Gabriel stepped back and said to him, "Michael listen...I saw the same thing before but I didn't want to let you know about it. But once you've seen it I'd like to let you know." Gabriel took a deep sigh before spilling everything out.

He continued, "Vashti and I became friends and we became so close that I fell in love with her. At a point she was giving me prophecies upon prophecies and I thought she was having the prophetic gift. The only thing I regret doing was to eat with her and to propose to her. But I thank God we never got into a relationship." Michael then asked him how he got to know that Vashti was a witch.

Gabriel said, "It so happened that I was in my room one day and I saw a cat in my room. I was a bit scared but I took a stick to drive it away. Immediately the cat turned human and behold, it was Vashti. I was surprised and before I realised I ended up in bed with her." He continued, "Mickey....I know this is hard for you to take in. That was my deepest regret ever...going to bed with her. Due to this I had to go on a long fast in the mountains during vacation so she wouldn't have the chance to over power me."

Michael's anger towards Vashti grew so much that he could not help but just prepare himself spiritually against her. Manuel knocked and was allowed to enter. He entered and everyone was quiet and Michael went out in anger and worry. Manuel wondered and asked to know what was happening. Gabriel made it known to him that there is a spiritual battle about to arise so he Manuel should get prepared.

Manuel then asked him to explain what he was trying to mean. Gabriel explained, "My brother also saw that Vashti is a witch and guess what? I told him what happened between Vashti and I. Now he's angry and I know this night there's going to be war in the realms of spirit. Manuel was excited and exclaimed that Vashti is going to lose.

.................

Vashti then saw that she has to fulfill the  task she has been give by Magdalena. And there she began to share diseases to everyone starting with her roommate Michelle and then to other few girls. But for it not to be obvious she made most of the boys very sick that most of the got sick and went home.

It so happened in the morning that Manuel went Gabriel's room only to find out Gabriel was in the bed shivering with high fever. Manuel quickly went to call out for help from his brother to help him. The housemaster Mr. Tenkorang permitted Gabriel to be taken home immediately for medical treatment. Manuel helped for Gabriel to be taken home immediately.

The same thing happened the following day with another guy having the same issue just as Michael had. This issue continued day by day to the extent that the number of boys in the dormitory reduced. This became a question mark for everyone. Teachers came to class and always wondered why most of the boys were not in class.

Thus it was during break time Nick asked Manuel what was happening that caused the number of boys to reduce. He made it known to Nick that a lot of boys got sick along the way. And thus, they do not know which sickness in particular has attacked the boys in the dormitory. Manuel began to boast claiming that this sickness is not going to attack him. Nick warned him to becareful of bragging because he sleeps in the same dormitory with them. Manuel was still stubborn on heeding unto the advise of Nick and stepped out of the classroom.

Manuel got out only to find Michelle being helped to sit in the car to be sent to the hospital. Manuel quickly run to help Michelle and he asked her what was wrong with her. Michelle could not explain what was wrong with her. All she could say was she is feeling could and having a fever. Manuel began to question himself about what was happening.

He then remembered what was Michelle told him the day she came to see him in the classroom. And he then realised it was a spiritual attack. He then decided to go and check to what Vashti was up to. He went and saw Vashti lay her head on the table and her friends making an attempt to treat her. He went to Vashti's Muslim's friend and asked what actually was wrong with her. Her friend told Manuel she is also sick with the disease.

Now Manuel became confused and began to doubt if it is a spiritual attack. Manuel went back and he could not understand what was happening.

.............

The following day Manuel got affected with the sickness to the extent that he found it difficult to get up. He was extremely weak, high fever, and was shivering. Mr. Tenkorang was informed that Manuel is seriously ill. Mr. Tenkorang said he should go home for his treatment. Mr. Tenkorang was scared that he will be affected with the disease. Thus, he was allowing the boys to go home even with a cough.

Manuel was helped to be sent home until he is alright. Manuel was allowed to sign an exeat on a card to be sent home. Manuel was helped and put in the car to be sent home to be taken care of.

Meanwhile to avoid being noticed, Vashti decided to go to the hospital to act like she is not well. She made it look so real that the doctors could see that she us not feeling well. They tested her blood to find out what was actually wrong with her. But they could not find anything wrong with her. It was very strange for the doctors, so they prescribed drugs for her to reduce her fever and antibiotics.

She came out of the hospital and met Michael on the way. Immediately Michael went on to attack her verbally saying, "Why are you pretending to be sick when you've infected the student body with an epidemic?" Vashti replied, "What's your problem? It seems you've come into this school to torment me." Gabriel replied, "I've come here to end your nonsense and your agenda to destroy great destinies." Vashti said, "You know what I did to your brother. And if you try me I'll not spare you."

Michael replied, "You're not just playing with fire. You're playing with Lava. Just cross my boundaries you'll regret the day you decided to became a witch."