MICHELLE'S BIRTHDAY

It was Michelle's birthday and Manuel anticipated that day and it finally arrived. Out of the love Manuel had for Michelle he took some of his provisions from the chopbox and placed packaged it nicely for her. He went to the class and Nick saw Manuel overly excited. To solve this mystery Nick asked Manuel why he was overly excited only to find out it was his crush's birthday.

Nick was wondering why he acted this way because Manuel and Michelle were not in a relationship. Michelle entered the class to go and take a book from someone and passed by Manuel without saying a hi. Nick looked confused and asked Manuel if the girl was really into him. Manuel discarded his statement with the excuse that she was maybe late for class. Nick accepted what Manuel said and hoped it was not something he will regret later.

....................

It was closing and everyone was going to their various dormitories. Manuel stopped and called Michelle to come over. Her friends began to tease her claiming she has gotten a boyfriend. Michelle began to blush and told them to stop. She quickly went to Manuel and Manuel gave her a hug and wished her a happy birthday. He went straight into his bag and brought out her birthday  gift. She was surprised with all smiles and hugged him again thanking him so much.

They parted ways and Manuel said to Nick, "I guess I was right bro. Maybe she was busy or late for class." In response Nick said, "Well...maybe you're right. But hey! Don't you think that's a lot of stuff. For I know definitely these gifts you gave her are your provisions." Manuel gave a heavy sigh and Nick continued, "Bro...I'm hope you're doing the right thing because even though she knows you're in the boarding house, she might want you to the extent of getting  her the pizza and the likes."

He continued, "Because I've been observing for a while that these girls I  the boarding house mostly get stuffs from their guys such as KFC and the others. Thus, this kind of peer pressure would like to cloth her and see your work of gifting her as menial..." Manuel quickly replied, "Okay Nick, that's enough! I know you're trying to help me but I can testify with the fact that she isn't of that sort. She has a heart of gratitude. Didn't you see what happened just now...."

Nick said, "Well....what I'll just tell you is to becareful. Keep watch and pray for God to reveal certain things about her to you." And Nick left him thinking about it.

Meanwhile, Michelle went to her dormitory eager to open her gifts. Her friends surrounded her calling her Michelle Anderson since Manuel's surname was Anderson. She opened her gift box only to see drinks, biscuits, and toffees with a note. Her face began to disfigure, looking at the gift in disgust.

Her friends began to question her as to why she looked at the gift with disguise. She said to them, "How does he see me? He thinks I'm a kid? It's only kids who take drinks, biscuits, and toffees. Sigh! He has a childish mind." Her friends were astonished with what she said and said to her, "So far he's the only person who has showered you with gifts. No one has given you anything. You've got to have a heart of gratitude. This is what we call sacrifice because he has taken his foodstuffs and has given it to you."

Michelle got angry with her friends and asked them to look at her, and she turned three hundred and sixth degrees for them. She said to them, "Look at my body. You can't afford this body with just drinks, biscuits, and toffees. Please! There're a lot of men desiring me and my body and they aren't having it." She looked into the box and saw a letter written. She laughed because writing letters was an old fashioned way of communicating.

She opened it and read, "Dear Michelle, I'm so grateful to the most high for blessing you with another year. I wish you the best of luck this year and I pray this year would be a year of smiles. Every tear would be wiped away from your eyes. With the gifts, this is the little I could do. I admit that it's not much but I promise you the best is yet to come. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. "

Michelle saw this and laughed so much claiming Manuel is such a useless boy who looks rich. She tore the paper and threw it into the dustbin saying, "That's how I'm going to dump you very soon." She left her friends and went to her room.

................

Magdalena and her contemporaries went to their coven as usual at twelve midnight. Vashti said to Magdalena, "Great Queen! The battle to destroy the great hasn't ended. Yes, we might have been exposed but we are not losing. I have figured out a way to destroy Manuel despite the fact that he has Michael and Gabriel with him."

Magdalena said, "Vashti, we are not here to play games. Those two people are stronger and mightier than us in the realms of the spirit. See what Gabriel did to you. He even gave you a huge mark on your cheek and you still want to attack Manuel with they being with him. Vashti wake up, this is not a game."

Vashti replied, "I know my Queen, but the bible says that 'the prince of the world cometh but he findeth nothing in me.' So that means we can attack them if we find something in them that belongs to us. Moreover, I have found the perfect plan to destroy Manuel completely. He loves Michelle so much, but Michelle has decided to use him for her own benefit. Also she has an ungrateful heart. Manuel is emotional and for him to find out who she really is would put him in the state of depression."

They all saw that it was a good idea and brilliant strategy to bring Manuel down. Thus, they can use Michelle to destroy Manuel for good.

..............

Nick engaged Manuel in a conversation and asked if Michelle came around today to thank him for yesterday. Manuel was still optimistic on the fact that she thanked him yesterday so there was no need. Nick asked again if Michelle has made an attempt to get anything for him. This got Manuel thinking and could not answer. Nick scoffed and said, "Bro...I hate this but...she's using you for her personal gain. You must not let love blind you so much that you can see the negative."

Manuel sighed and placed his forehead on the table and began to hate himself. He continously began to ask himself why he allowed this to happen. He began to reminisce on everything including Vashti and he hated himself because he has allowed people to use his leniency for his weakness.

Nick said, "Why are you beating yourself up with this issue. Bro...everything happens for a reason. If you hadn't been in this situation you'd never know what reality really looks like. Thus, this is an opportunity to become a better you. Your mistakes don't define you but rather it is what you do with those mistakes that makes you who you are."

Manuel thanked Nick for helping him out. Manuel then made the decision to test Michelle and gain evidence to why he separates himself from her.