A TRUE MENTOR AND A FALSE ONE

The results for the previous exam came out. And everyone was anxious as the papers were being shared. Manuel got a bit encouraged with the result he had. And since he was a 'B' student, the result for him was encouraging.

Sadly, the economics teacher Dj Flow was in rage with the fact that students performed poorly. He went on to take a stick and lashed the everyone in the class for not getting the pass mark which was eighty percent. Everyone knew their failure in the economics was as a result of his inexperience in teaching. Some were hurt as a result of his lashes.

Many were in distraught because he told them to try their best in the exams knowing he has not thought them much. The situation became to serious because each and everyday he came to class he would lash them. Aisha went behind him and everyone and reported him to the administration. After several reports being made he was called into the office of the headmistress.

The headmistress Madam Laura asked him saying, "I've heard several reports from students. Numerous of them, telling me all you do is to lash them and teach little. Thus, they find it difficult to grasp whatever you're teaching due to fear and inexperience. What do you have to say about that?"

Dj flow answered saying, "Madam. It is true that I'm inexperienced when it comes to the teaching field. But I have been a student before, I've been in their shoes and faced the situation they're facing currently. In spite of this I managed to survive and passed with straight eight As in this very school. If I have been able to do this why can't they also do same. All they do is to hide in dark places and do immoral stuffs accompanied with laziness....."

Madam Laura stopped him there and said, "Now I see where the problem is emanating from. You think all students are like you and they should think like you. Yes, I agree with the fact that some are lazy and some are so clinged immorality. But hey! Not all students are so. Some came here because they were unable to get the quality education this school provides. Moreover some failed the economics you're teaching. Don't rob salt on the wounded area of someone. If care is not taken they might fail again, lose our credibility and reduce your salary."

She continued, "If what you did was done in any institution, you'd have been sacked. You're lucky you're a member of my family and you know I can't sack you. The highest I can go is to relief you from the job of teaching economics. I'll just allow you teach Geography."

Dj flow agreed with what Madam Laura said she would do. Dj flow left the office and was so angry with what just happened. Dj flow went with the anticipation that the next teacher to be employed will be worse than he and it is there he will get his revenge.

On that very day he was replaced with a new teacher. The excitement on the students faces portrayed with such enthusiasm. Many of them including Manuel thanking the heavens Dj flow has been substituted. The teacher began to teach he started from where the Dj flow started. He said, "It's not about finishing the topics to write about exam. It's about getting the glimpse of the topic before you go and write."

The teacher thought and everyone got the understanding far better than how Dj flow made them to understand. The only disadvantage was he was very slow is his speaking, thus making the teaching slow.

Meanwhile, Michelle was in the administration and one of the workers tried proposing to her. She went on to tell the worker she is interested in someone. The worker cared to find out who she was interested in only for her to mention Manuel to him. She wanted to escape from him and did not gave any other way than to use Manuel as a cover up.

The worker who was Martin insisted to see Manuel. Michelle sought the permission of the teacher to see Manuel outside. Everyone in the class began to cough sarcastically sending the signal that they are dating. Manuel asked her what was going on. She said, "Sir Martin wants to see you." Manuel said, "Sir Martin? How did he come to know me. Teachers hardly know me....."

Michelle said, "You're talking too much. Let's just go, he won't do anything." Manuel went and Sir Martin gave him a smile and a handshake. Martin said, "Oh so you're Manuel. I hope you're good." Manuel replied with a smile but with fear in his eyes because of his association with teachers. Sir Martin realised he feared and said, "Why do you fear? There's no need to fear. Study hard and become a great person. I can see you're a smart student."

Michelle replied, "Oh yes he is. He's so clever. He even helps me with mathematics sometimes." Sir Martin was amazed and congratulated him. After the conversation Manuel went to Michelle and asked why he did that. But she refused to answer by lying to him saying they wanted to know who Manuel was.

Martin watched them sternly and jealousy wrapped his heart towards Manuel. Martin was attracted to Michelle's body curves that he always gave her money with the intention to lay with her.

...........

Manuel still kept his faith in God alive despite what was going on with him. Manuel was with Gabriel discussing about the word of God. During their discussion Manuel told Gabriel about Vashti, telling him that she has a prophetic gift and is truly sent from God. Gabriel opened his eyes in shock and he told Manuel to repeat what he was saying. Manuel repeated what he said and Gabriel made it known to him to Vashti is not who she says he is. Manuel went back not believing what he heard.

Gabriel told him she is not using the spirit of God to prophecy to people. He continued, "She has been sent from the pit of hell to destroy the lives of great destinies. And you're one of the people on her list." Manuel was speechless for a period of time in confusion. Manuel could not believe what he was hearing that statement. Gabriel continued, "Her boyfriend is a pastor and he doesn't know who she is because God has not revealed it to him."

Manuel began to hate himself for trusting her as a genuine person. Tears began to flow from his eyes and said tearfully, "By their fruits ye shall know them. I should have known from the onset when she tried to seduce Bernard. I didn't want to Judge her. Why Lord? Why did you allow me to meet her? What sin have I committed to deserve this? I came to find hope to relieve my depression. Why do you keep robbing salt on my wound Lord?....."

Gabriel said to Manuel, "Never say that bro! God has a reason to why he allowed this to happen. Bro, who knows....you should be grateful you've known the truth. There are people who are still following her in ignorance. But the bible has made it known to us that we aren't ignorant of the enemies devices. And now that you know the truth, you have the chance to break free from her."