THE REFLECTION

Manuel met up with Annette and they were filled with joy they have completed school. Annette said, "Finally we've completed school. I can't believe this learning stress is over." Manuel replied saying, "Well, it depends. If you want to go to the university the learning stress is going to aggravate. The higher you go the difficult it becomes."

After a long discussion about how they are going to live life after school life, they exchanged contacts to keep in touch. Manuel texted Annette and she responded.

Manuel: Hey Ann
Annette: Hey Manuel!☺️
Manuel: I guess we won't see each other again, but I'm happy to have gotten your contact.
Annette: We might see each other again. We just have to keep in touch and vibe. And I guess we can book a date for the two of us.
Manuel: Hmm...
Annette: I want to know you more. I want us to hang out and have fun with each other.
Manuel: Okay. I book a date for the two of us when we're home. I think I'll also like to know you more since I've seen many positives in you😊
Annette: Manny!🙈 I'm really short of words. Trust me, you're not going to regret knowing me.
Manuel: Me neither😊
Annette: I guess I've got to go. Have a safe journey.
Manuel: You too!

The students quickly moved into their various buses to convey them to their destination. Manuel smiled as he sat in the bus and gave thanks to God in his heart for taking him through the difficult paths and sending him back home.

Nick asked him a couple of questions about how the school has been to him and one thing he regrets. Manuel sighed, paused for a while and broke the banks of rivers of words.

He said, "I entered this school with so much pain and heaviness within me. Feeling the wrath of God has fallen on me. The advise of someone willing to help me turned out to ease by depression turned out to be an impression for wolves in sheep clothing."

He continued, "Sigh! These wolves broke me, abused me, and threw me away like trash. This is where I saw people with the heart of ingratitude. Not from unbelievers but those who claim to be believers. The good people I had were separated from me because of examination, and that's the reality of life. Serious business can separate you from people willing to help you."

He sat with tears streaming from his eyes. All he was doing was just to Sigh. He said, "This is the place I realised that people can abandon you when you need them the most. They gave up on me at the very last minute when I was dying with fear. They too claimed to be Christians. But surprisingly there was something I realised in this school. You can't judge people based on what you see outside till you really get to know them."

He continued, "People were called prostitutes but trust me, they had the heart of Rahab. Far better than the people who called themselves Christians but never acted like Christ. It saddens me that those who were called prostitutes act like Christians but haven't given their lives to Christ. I know one day God would not restrain his helping hand from such people because of the good thing they've done."

He said, "Sigh! My regret is that I didn't meet some people until the last minute. But my deepest regret is, I gave myself not to genuine people but rather people who were wolves in sheep clothing. Yes, that's my regret."

Nick was overwhelmed at what he heard and went speechless. At once he heard a voice saying restoration. He asked how and on who. The voice said, "Restoration on the life of Manuel."  Students got down to take a trip to their homes.

Nick said to Manuel, "Bro! Before we part ways I'd like to give you a word. God is going to restore to you all that you've lost. You don't have to worry about your regrets anymore. The only thing is just to learn from those mistakes and move on."

Manuel smiled and hugged Nick and they both cried because they are not going to see each other again. Nick said, "Be a good Christian bro! Take Christ seriously! Maybe we might meet someday. If not here then in a heaven. A place where there'll be no tears and pain."