UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIPS AND MISUNDERSTANDING

The period of examination was ongoing and some would write their last paper whilst others would be left with two more. Manuel and Nick got into the exam hall they will write their Mathematics and Manuel's heart fainted because it was in the main hall. Thus, the invigilators and the BNI will be strict on them. But Manuel on the other hand took it lightly too because he knew at the end of the day God will come through for him.

This time things changed. Zoey was sitting behind him which would make cheating complex. Papers were shared and the examination began. Zoey quickly put the papers in her clothes without any invigilator or BNI noticing. She sought permission to go to the washroom. She got out and met Dj flow. This time she did not go in for the answers but rather begged him to allow her into the engine room.

In that engine room, people paid huge sums of money to be allowed in that room to be helped with the examination. Zoey was allowed in by Dj flow to be helped. She quickly finished and she came back into the exam hall panting and sweaty. She requested to be given a paper and the invigilator was surprised he did not give her any paper. He let that one slide and gave her a paper.

She wrote the paper and as usual gave Manuel the answers to the questions. As he was writing he saw one of the BNI coming towards his lane. He hid the papers in his clothes and pretended to be thinking of what to write. The BNI passed by and brought out the paper to write. He prayed for the God of David to intervene on his behalf because he was doing something risky.

Thus, if he is caught he would write a statement and he will be on his way to failure. The man was coming towards his direction again and hid it and was not caught. He went straight to a particular girl, opened examination script and saw a piece of paper the with answers in. The man pulled out a paper from his brown long envelope and made her to fill the blank space to report herself. After, he took a picture of her and the piece of paper as an evidence.

One person after another was caught in the act of cheating and this made Manuel realise the goodness and the favour of God was with him. He was surprised how even Zoey who was behind the mastermind of cheating was not caught. He quickly finished writing the answers and the announcements came that they were left with five minutes more to end the Mathematics paper.

The hall became noisy and Manuel  quickly called Nick to provide him with the answers. Nick turned and he threw the answers to him. Nick wrote the answers and finished within three minutes. He gave Manuel an alert that he has completed the work.

Soon the exam was over and the papers were being collected. Some began to jubilate because this was their last paper but others like Manuel and Nick had a paper more to complete their examination and the school. After everything Zoey came to Manuel to tell him goodbye and to wish him good luck in his last paper.

She said, "Hey Manuel! I hope the paper went well." She said smiling.  Manuel smiled and replied, "Oh yeah it went well. In fact, I owe you a lot for what you've done for me in this short period. Sigh! I wish I knew you earlier." Zoey said, "There's no need to regret anything. What matters is I helped you and you helped me in another way. Everything in this life happens for a particular reason."

Manuel said, "You know, a lot of people judge you that you're a bad bitch, a lazy student and a whole lot of worst things you can think about. How do you deal with that?" Zoey replied, "A lot of people judge me based on the way I dress and other stuffs. Well, that's how I try to live my life. Anything you do in this life people are going to complain and that's the fact. If I dress like the holy Mary they'll complain." She continued, "They can judge me for being a harlot but trust me. The help I offer less privileged on the streets, those judging me cannot do a cent. The help I offered to you in the exam hall is just a tip of the iceberg."

Manuel was astonished and remain speechless till she finished. Zoey said, "I know you're surprised because you were scared to approach me based on what others said. I'm not boasting about my good works but I'm just letting you know who I really I'm. And by grace you have gotten to know who I am now." They both smiled and Zoey requested for a hug since they would not see each other till time allows it.

Manuel hugged Zoey and she advised Manuel to keep on fighting for what he wants and not allow negative criticisms sink into his spirit. The People who judged Zoey were surprised to see Manuel hugging her and asking themselves questions to how Manuel became friends with her.

Manuel and Zoey parted ways but exchanged contacts to keep in touch. Zoey went to the girls dormitory and saw that Dj flow was quarried by Madam Laura. She went closer to know what was going on only to find out Dj flow was quarried for allowing Zoey to come into the engine room to write the exam. She pretended she did not hear and passed by them.

Out of nowhere the house mistress involved herself in the issue and stopped Zoey from going in and asking her why she went to the engine room. Answering politely and quickly the house mistress raised her voice towards her. Out of the mistress not understanding her she raised her voice too and it ended up in a fight.

Zoey ended up pulling the hair of the house mistress and pushed her to the ground. Everyone was surprised to see what was going on. Some took videos and others where trying separate them from fighting. After she pushed her to the ground Zoey climbed the wall, jumped over the wall, took heels with her feet and never returned.

The house mistress got up really angry and tried chasing the girl but could not get her. She swore to herself she would find was and means to get back at Zoey. Madam Laura saw what happened and got angry the more. He turned to Dj Flow and said, "Now this is all your fault! If you hadn't favoured her this things wouldn't have happened! You're my family member but you can't work here anymore. Go and search for a better job so you wouldn't be favouring people."

Dj Flow knelt down pleading for mercy with tears flowing from his eyes. Pleading Madam Laura will give him a chance to stay in the school and work for the school. Madam Laura turned and asked, "Aren't you a Dj? You can start your Dj business and earn a living rather than putting people's lives at risk." Dj flow cried but Madam Laura turned his face from him and went on to help the house mistress on her feet.

Madam Laura took dust from the ground and threw it into the air saying, "Zoey! Wherever you are, you will always be a harlot. When you get to the university you will sell your body for grades!"