THE TEMPTATION AND REDEMPTION OF MANUEL

Michelle saw Manuel going out and she asked him where is he off to? Manuel told her he has something important doing. He went behind the girls dormitory and entered that uncompleted house. He called out the first time and there was no reply. All he could hear was sobbing. Manuel quickly rushed when he saw Annette in tears.

"Annette, are you alright?" Annette replied saying, "Yes I'm fine. I just need a shoulder to cry upon. I feel like I should just die!" Manuel had compassion on her and gave her a tight hug. (Annette actually did not feel like dying. Her intention was for Manuel to come over so they'd have an affair). Annette smiled and said, "Manuel, I want you to do something. I want you to give me a kiss." Manuel stood back for a while and he replied no for an answer.

Annette went closer, pinned him to the wall and said softly, "Manuel, one kiss won't hurt. Moreover this kiss is a holy kiss because it'd take away my sorrow." She felt his heart racing with fear. She said, "Why is your heart racing that fast? No one is going to know what's happening here and I can promise you that. I know you've been wanting this moment so badly but using your Christianity as a cover up."

Manuel gave in and they kissed each other. What was meant to become a kiss ended up becoming a cataglottism. Taking their clothes off in bits till it got the critical moment for destiny alignment and soul tie to take place. Just as the encounter was about to take place he heard a voice telling him, "Bro, what do you think you're doing? Are you going to exchange your destiny just with a two minutes encounter? Mighty man of valour, wake up from your slumber!" Quickly Manuel jumped off her and dressed up as fast as he can.

Annette was astonished with what Manuel just did. She asked him saying, "What do you think you're doing? Manuel! Answer me!" Manuel answered saying, "I'm fleeing from fornication. And I'm preventing my destiny from being hacked." Annette in anger scoffed and said, "You call this fleeing. Or let's just say you've not got the balls to be a man." Manuel replied saying,"Well that's your perspective. But a man is not someone who's good in bed. A man is someone who takes the right decisions to enjoy his memories."

Manuel quickly left the uncompleted building and went to join Michelle and her friends outside. Michelle realised Manuel was panting and sweaty all over. Michelle cared to ask where he was from but he twisted his tongue telling her he went on an errand for one of the teachers. Annette also came but she passed by Manuel looking very moody. Michelle looked at her and asked Manuel why she was moody.

Manuel said, "Michelle, don't let boredom take you into the school of journalism. Let's focus on what's going on." The entertainment increased the more and the heat inside became worse. It seemed like a club. Music played and lights turned off. The unholies of unholies continued till it was over. After the entertainment was over, the guys began to discuss amongst themselves how they used the girls anyhow and how they seized the opportunity to do the unthinkable when the lights were off.

Manuel walked quietly by them with his conscience fully disturbed that he and Annette almost had an intercourse. The other guys especially 'Goliath' mocked him claiming he is a jerk because he failed to join in the entertainment. He quickly went to bed filled with intense regret asking and pleading for God to wash and cleanse him from his sin. In spite of that he still was not happy with himself. He sent those thoughts to his dream and woke up embarrassed.

To make things worse it was Sunday and everyone was preparing to go to church. Manuel thought to himself saying, "This is so embarrassing. It's like going to a club on Saturday night and going to church on Sunday morning. This is hypocritical." Church service began and Annette came with the moody face she had yesternight.

The all time fire church service they had in those times became dormant. The audience failed to connect to the praises and the worship songs being raised because they felt the sense of heavy guilt. No one felt the urge to pray, dance or sing. The preacher man Sir Richard realised everything went slow and got to know the reason why they felt down during service. Thus, he turned his sermon into an advise and counselling session.

Service was over and everyone returned to their various dormitories. Manuel shook himself and put on a new attitude of putting the past behind and moving forward. As he passed Magdalena and her colleagues began laughing at him. He wondered why he was being laughed at and he overheard the say "This guy is going to die single. Or he'd be a roman father to be precise." Manuel turned and asked Magdalena why she is trying to be on his nerves.

Magdalena laughed and said, "Future Pope Francis. You gotta stop pretending with this holier than thou attitude." Manuel asked in anxiety, "what are you talking about." Ruby(one of Magdalena's colleague) said, "Aww, fear and guilt is written all over your face. Don't worry we won't let your secret out." Manuel persisted to ask to know which secret they are talking about. They pulled the phone out and showed him the video of he and Annette having an affair.

Manuel remain speechless for sometime and Ruby said, "We'd help you if you can give us three thousand Ghana cedis. And if you help us, no one will ever know this secret." Manuel agreed with the deal and parted ways with them. Magdalena said to Ruby, "Poor boy. See the mess he has gotten into now. Well, at least we're going to profit from him. You, Annette and I get a thousand and we are good to go."

Manuel sat on the corridor disturbed and frustrated with what just happened. Blaming himself and cursing himself for what he had done. The Chapel prefect Gabriel saw him and asked Manuel why he looks disturbed and frustrated. Manuel ended up telling him what happened between him and Annette. Gabriel was quite surprised but happy he did not have an intercourse with her.

Gabriel took Manuel into his room and gave him a thorough advise on how he should live his life in school. He also advised him to be careful with people, for not all are humans. This statement struck and he began asking and pestering Gabriel to tell him who the non humans were. Yet Gabriel refused to tell him who they were. All what he just told Manuel was to be careful.